SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment Assistant Business Unit Supervisor - Tours in Williamsburg, Virginia
Assistant Business Unit Supervisor - Tours
Busch Gardens Williamsburg
The Tours Assistant Business Unit Supervisor position is an exciting opportunity to make meaningful connections with our guests and develop tour guides during our tour offerings.
The Tours Assistant Business Unit Supervisor is responsible for supporting tour guides, leading personal and large tours throughout the park; both before it opens and during operation.
Requirements and Competencies:
Availability – MUST have full availability and be able/willing to work nights, weekends, and holidays.
Leadership – Must be able to operate independently from direct supervision and work effectively with counterparts from other departments and locations.
Communication – Must have strong communication skills, be comfortable with speaking in front of large groups and be outgoing and enthusiastic at all times.
Professionalism – Must always represent our brand and park with pride and professionalism by exhibiting a friendly and professional demeanor and by having a ‘family friendly’ image
Knowledge – Tours ABUS will be required to learn facts about the park, rides, shows, and restaurants in order to lead Behind-the-Scenes tours. The Tours ABUS may be aware of park policies and information that they cannot share while leading tours. The person in this position will be required to show discretion and sound-decision making and be able to answer guests’ questions.
Technology – Must be comfortable with digital cameras and computers
Physical Requirements – Must be comfortable with working long hours outside, walking long distances and standing for extended periods of time. Must be comfortable with heights (i.e. standing at the top of Griffon)
• Lead and oversee VIP and Behind-the-Scenes Tours at Busch Gardens and Water Country USA.
• Provide exceptional service and go above-and-beyond to ensure guests are fully satisfied with their tour and overall Busch Gardens experience.
• Follow up with tour guests, complete surveys, and make Photo CDs for guests.
• Assist park with other positions, based on demand, such as Ride Operations, Theatre Hosts, Area Hosts, and Guest Arrival.
• Scheduling team members, tracking training documentation, auditing, and labor budget management
• Providing coaching and counseling for team members to promote development
• Addressing team member and guest concerns in a positive manner
• Team member performance tracking in accordance with company guidelines
• Assisting guests with problems, handling situations in a manner that positively represents the park
• Role modeling SEA Cornerstones, grooming standards, and a strong work ethic
Candidates with the following qualifications will be considered:
• Previous Busch Gardens theme park experience preferred.
• Previous Supervisor or Leadership experience preferred.
• Previous Tour Guide experience preferred.
Busch Gardens Williamsburg
Starting Rate: $11.65
7/24/2017 11:59 PM ET