Virginia State Government 00380 - Registered Nurse Manager I (RNC) in Williamsburg, Virginia
Eastern State Hospital (ESH), located in Williamsburg, Virginia, was founded in 1773, with a well-intentional emphasis on community focused mental health care. This state of the art campus, situated on 500 acres, consists of two patient care buildings with 300 patients, and a highly skilled staff of over 900. Eastern State Hospital is part of the Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Services (DBHDS) system, and is accredited by the Joint Commission. ESH invites applications for the position of Registered Nurse Coordinator (RNC) with the Adult psychiatric population.
Reporting directly to the Chief Nurse Executive, duties and responsibilities consist of the following:
- Provide clinical administration supervision and leadership to nursing staff in the planning, coordination, provision, evaluation, and documentation of nursing care and assures the integration of nursing operations, with unit-based active treatment programs.
- Acts as supervisor role model and assumes leadership, offering support to nursing staff, addressing nursing procedures questions and challenges.
- Apply effective leadership skills, utilizing recovery and trauma-informed care principles and techniques in daily nursing operations and interactions with patients to facilitate the patients’ best performance while supporting and role modeling the philosophy of least restrictive environment/intervention of psychiatric patients.
- Attend and participate in treatment team meetings.
- Complete monthly audits of patient nursing care plans and treatment plans.
- Provide training mentoring to newly hired health care professionals.
- Assist Chief Nurse Executive in the identification of staff training needs, including program in-services and continuing education.
- Assists in preparing and establishing staff scheduling, which provide maximum accountability and continuity of patient care to ensure patient care needs are met.
- Provide direct patient care during as needed.
Eastern State Hospital offers a $5,000 Sign-On Bonus to those new to state service.
* Eastern State Hospital is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer, and prohibits discrimination of applicants and employees without regard to race, gender (including sexual harassment, sexual orientation, gender identity and pregnancy), color, national origin, religion, age, veteran’s status, political affiliation, or disability.*
- Comprehensive knowledge of nursing standards and fundamentals.
- Current, unexpired Virginia license to practice as a Registered Nurse; multi-state compact endorsement accepted.
- Demonstrated ability to assess, plan, implement and evaluate care utilizing knowledge of pharmacology, psychiatric and physical disorders and cultural needs of the psychiatric patient.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Skilled in the use of technology, software, and resources to assist and aid in the course of daily health care responsibilities.
- Demonstrated ability to supervise the work of others and provide professional level guidance on performance and expectations.
- Considerable experience, generally equating to more than 6, practicing as a Registered Nurse.
- Must have an Associate’s degree in Nursing from an accredited institution of higher education, or equivalent combination of education and experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Extensive experience with Psychiatry and/or geriatric populations.
- Earned Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing.
Offers of employment are contingent upon passing the background check (Virginia State Police and FBI) and the drug screen test.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Eastern State Hospital is a Tobacco-Free Facility.
DEPARTMENT OF HUMAN RESOURCES
FAXED APPLICATION MATERIAL IS NOT ACCEPTED.
Eastern State Hospital Human Resource Department 4601 Ironbound Road Williamsburg, VA 23188-2652
Working Title: 00380 - Registered Nurse Manager I (RNC)
Role Title: Registered Nurse Manager I - 49115
Job Open Date: 08/11/2017
Job Close Date: 08/24/2017
Open Until Filled: No
Is this position funded in whole or in part by the American Recovery & Reinvestment Act (Stimulus Package)?: No
Hiring Range: $63,671 - $73,930
Agency: Eastern State Hospital (704)
Agency Website: Click Here for Agency Website
Location: Williamsburg - 830
Position Number: 00380
Job Posting Number: 1027987
Type of Recruitment: General Public - G
Does this position have telework options?: No
Bilingual/Multilingual Skill Requirement/Preference: No
Job Type: Full-Time (Salaried)
Job Type Detail: Full-Time Salaried - Non-Faculty- FTS-1
Pay Band: 05