Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Job Requisition Number: 395308
Job Title: Teller Supervisor I
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
Location: 839 Lynnhaven Pkwy
BILINGUAL PREFERRED (Spanish & English)
Virginia Beach, Virginia 23452-7203
Additional Job Details: BILINGUAL PREFERRED (Spanish & English) **An electronic assessment is required for this position. Please look for an e-mail (check inbox & SPAM) with the subject line "BB&T Teller Vision Assessment Request" the day after you apply.**
Line of Business: Community Banking Div Group
Job Category: Administrative Support Workers
1. Specialized client service training with provenresults
2. Ability to oversee diverse personalities
3. Completion of BB&T Product knowledge and computer basedtraining compliance course
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job.Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentionedbelow. Specific activities may change from time to time.
1. Provide professional client service, which includes, but is notlimited to: performing accurate transactions, greeting the client, smiling,using the client?s name during the transaction, and thanking each client for hisor her business. Refer clients to other branch personnel asneeded.
2. Oversee day to day transactions of at least two Tellers/SeniorTellers in a high quality manner so as to provide superior client service withminimal service problems.
3. Ensure staff is supportive of sales efforts and that referralsto branch personnel are seen as a part of quality clientservice.
4. Also responsible for the following areas:
a. Recruiting, interviewing and selection of Tellers (withassistance from Human Systems Employment Consultant) and second level approvalfrom Financial Center Leader (FCL)
b. Teller training and development
c. Efficient staffing and scheduling of Tellers
d. Salary Administration recommendations
e. Routine coaching and counseling
f. Timely performance reviews with second level approval byFCL
g. Staff disciplinary issues
5. Assist Tellers with complex transactions/client issues ensuringtimely and professional resolution.
6. Responsible for leading and managing the execution of TellerMentor Program.
7. Ensure all operating procedures are followed as outlined in theBranch Operations Manual (BOM).
8. Administer ongoing coaching, support and inspection of TellerReferral/Sales Process as well as SMILE Assessment.
9. Assist with Risk Management practices to include management ofTeller differences, losses and Teller errors.
10. Handle proportionate volume of work.
Required Skills and Competencies:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge,skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enableindividuals with disabilities to perform the essentialfunctions.
1. High School diploma or equivalent
2. Two to four years experience as a Senior Teller orequivalent
3. Demonstrated ability to read, follow written instructions andaccurately complete written reports
4. Good interpersonal skills
5. Ability to use office machines and perform basic mathematicalfunctions
6. Demonstrated ability to deliver good client service and provideteam support
7. Demonstrated ability to execute on all teller-relatedduties
8. Capability to lift a minimum of 30 lbs
9. Ability to successfully complete all core training as outlinedby BB&T University for
10. Teller Supervisor
11. Ability to speak fluent English
BILINGUAL PREFERRED (Spanish & English) **An electronic assessment is requiredfor this position. Please look for an e-mail (check inbox & SPAM) with thesubject line "BB&T Teller Vision Assessment Request" the day after you apply.**