Huntington Ingalls Industries AMSEC Mgr Project Management 3 in Virginia Beach, Virginia
AMSEC Mgr Project Management 3
113 - AMSEC MMTS - 11302 - TECHNICAL SUPPORT
External Job Description:
This position requires US Government Top Secret/SCI security clearance.
• Must have leadership experience with strategic, tactical, and administrative communications.
• Must have experience with management of multi-million dollar budgets involving procurement, operations, maintenance, and Research and Development (R&D) funding.
• Technical proficiencies with the development of fixed and tactical communications equipment and techniques are preferred.
• Extensive budgetary experience with programs for communications that include the costs of projects from conception to full life-cycle maintenance and new acquisition is also preferred.
• Experience with the installation of computer and telephone networks, CAT 5 cabling, audio, and video teleconferencing suites.
• Experience with Business Continuity and Risk Management planning for US Government C5I facilities is a plus.
Bachelor of Science Degree in- Economics, Technical Management or Electrical / Electronic Engineering preferred
Special Training: Lean Six Sigma is a plus.
Oversees and manages the operational aspects of ongoing projects and serves as liaison between project management and planning, project team, and line management. Reviews status of projects and budgets; manages schedules and prepares status reports. Assesses project issues and develops resolutions to meet productivity, quality, and client-satisfaction goals and objectives. Develops mechanisms for monitoring project progress and for intervention and problem solving with project managers, line managers, and clients.
Job performance may require working in an industrial or shipboard environment. Normally not required to lift more than 40 pounds higher than three feet above feet/floor level.
Auto req ID:
AMSEC Mgr Project Management 3
Bachelor's degree or equivalent plus 7 years relevant experience; OR Master's degree plus 6 years relevant experience. An additional 4 years of specific job experience with a HS diploma may be substituted for the Bachelor's degree requirement for this job. This experience is in addition to the relevant years of experience listed with the job's education requirements.
Example: If this job required a Bachelor's degree + 5 years relevant experience the equivalency would equal HS diploma + 9 years job related experience.
Yes, 25% of the time
AMSEC is a subsidiary of Huntington Ingalls Industries (HII). Huntington Ingalls Industries is America’s largest military shipbuilding company and a provider of professional services to partners in government and industry. For more than a century, HII’s Newport News and Ingalls shipbuilding divisions in Virginia and Mississippi have built more ships in more ship classes than any other U.S. naval shipbuilder. HII’s Technical Solutions division provides a wide range of professional services through its Fleet Support, Integrated Missions Solutions, Nuclear and Environmental, and Oil and Gas groups. Headquartered in Newport News, Virginia, HII employs nearly 37,000 people operating both domestically and internationally.
No relocation assistance available
High School Diploma/GED
Virginia Beach-Virginia-United States
US Citizenship Required for this Position:
Equal Opportunity Employer - Veterans/Disabled Welcome. U.S. citizenship required for most positions.