Leidos Program and Operations Support in VIENNA, Virginia
The Veterans Health Operation of Leidos is seeking a Program and Operations Support Specialist, contingent upon contract award, in Vienna, VA.
The Program and Operations Support (POS) position will support the Systems Made Simple (SMS) VA Community Care Referrals and Authorization (CCR&A) program management team and ensure program continuity by performing and completing a wide array of tasks which can change on a daily basis. The POS will report directly to Program Manager and provide administrative and operational support to program leadership, but will interacts with a wide range of program, VA, and Subcontractor personnel. The POS will work with the program team to review and track customer deliverables; resolve day-to-day customer issues; assist in developing/creating customer deliverables; reading and comprehending reports and other related literature; conducting data analysis and computations; writing and preparing reports and other duties as assigned. Work will involve front line contact with internal and external customers requiring active problem solving and exceptional communication and interpersonal skills. Some early morning and late evening work is required.
The ideal candidate will have healthcare or business operations experience with increasing level of responsibility.
Due to the nature of the work within this fast-paced, multi-functional environment, this position requires strong interpersonal and communications skills, good judgment, and the skills to remain calm and professional when issues arise.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Document processes and follow-up accordingly
· Assist program manager with the monitoring of day-to-day operations to ensure timely delivery of contract deliverables
· Problem-solve and troubleshoot issues which could hinder successful completion of tasks
· Assist program manager and program team with coordinate meetings to include operating VTC and audio equipment, drafting meeting minutes, coordinate meeting setup and material distribution
· Writing and compiling reports using MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
· Complete reports and correspondences, run queries and prepare presentations
· Follow-up on open issues with program team
· Review and summarize reports
· Assist program manager and program team with various tasks and projects
· Accepts and performs other related duties and responsibilities as required
· Resolves administrative problems by coordinating preparation of reports, analyzing data, and identifying solutions
· Assist staff with administrative duties
· Assist with completion of necessary statistical reports
· High degree of discretion dealing with confidential information
· Ability and willingness to work some early mornings and evenings for special projects and customer meetings
· Creates and revises systems and procedures by analyzing operating practices, recordkeeping systems, forms control, office layout, and budgetary and personnel requirements; implementing changes
· Must value working in a collaborative and cooperative environment to meet deadlines
· Willingness to participate in process documentation
· Ability to show initiative, good judgment, and resourcefulness
· Bachelor degree from an accredited college in healthcare administration, business administration, a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 2 years of professional experience
· Experience using MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint skills
· Demonstrated organization and analytical skills
· Must possess solid communication s skills
· Must be well organized and detail-oriented with the ability to multi-task
· Able to obtain and maintain a favorable determination for a public trust clearance/investigation
· Experience with Microsoft Project, desired
· Experience working with and/or supporting the VA, desired
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.