Job Requisition Number: 32852
External Job Title: Human Resources Manager
Employment Status: Full-Time
Location: 1 Razor Blade Lane
Verona, Virginia 24482-0000
HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGER
Reporting to the Director of Human Resources, the HR Manager will develop HumanResources plans and strategies to support the achievement of overall businessunit objectives. Establish and maintain satisfactory Labor/Management relations,including, administering and interpreting Labor/Management Agreement, andfunctioning as management representative for grievances, arbitrations andnegotiations. Develop workforce planning and manpower resources for hourly andplant salary positions to meet production demands. Be responsible for employeecareer development, succession planning, employee retention, training andleadership development. Administer hourly placement, transfer and layoffaccording to the Labor/Management agreement procedures. Establish and administercompany policies, procedures, personnel practices and relations activitiesrequired to promote a continuous improvement environment. Promote teamworkattitudes through the work force.
- Work with division executive team to develop Human Resources plans andstrategies to support the achievement of overall business unit objectives andthe strategic direction of the organization.
- Provide leadership and guidance to maximize employee skills for job success,develop career and succession planning, employee retention, training andleadership development.
- Administer and Interpret Labor / Management Agreement and representmanagement in contract negotiations, grievances and arbitrations.
- Administer hourly promotions, reassignments, transfers, layoffs, recall andrelated placement activities in an accurate and timely manner and managepreparation of payroll change authorizations in accordance with hourly movementinsuring proper wage rates for employees.
- Conduct a comprehensive program to meet staffing requirements for the VeronaOperations, including: processing and maintaining application files;administration of interview and selection process; approving all candidateslates and concurring with the final hiring/promotion decision; manage job offerprocess and on-boarding.
- Administer a personnel practice program to provide:
� Development and implementation of plant policies, practices and proceduresnecessary for the well-being of the Company and its Employees.
� Effective counsel for managers and supervisors in applying plant policies,practices and procedures to assure that discipline cases, assignments,investigations, etc., are handled consistently.
� Record systems for personnel practices, including attendance information,performance appraisal activity, discipline, statistics, etc.
� Accurate administration of the bargaining unit time & attendance programand procedures, and the compensation plan, in coordination with the payrolldepartment.
- Plan and provide administration for the plant�s health and safety programsincluding:
� Managing worker�s compensation claims, FMLA, short-term & long-termdisability programs, and leave of absence program.
� Assuring the preparation and completion of records and reports to appropriatecompany function and government agencies.
� Coordinate safety programs as it relates to safety eyewear, hearingconservation, safety shoe program, bloodbourne pathogen training, first aid& CPR training and drug testing and managing the plant first aid facility.
� Interfacing with agencies requiring information concerning health & safetymatters.
� Serving on safety steering committee and participating in plant safetyendeavor.
� Participating in the investigation of accidents, incidents, and near misses,and in developing remedies to assure a safe work environment.
� Developing and supporting Employee wellness programs.
- Administer the Company�s employee benefits plans, by:
� Counseling and interpreting to managers, supervisors and employees theprovisions of the various plans.
� Provide orientation & benefit review programs for employees, recalls &new hires.
- Participate in developing methods of improvement, cost savings and budgets.
- Conduct needs assessment for development and training programs. Coordinateand/or conduct management, supervisory, and employee training programs.
- Conduct wage and salary administration programs for the Verona Operations,including:
� Participation in community wage and salary reviews; analysis of results andrecommending action.
� Analysis, evaluation and recommendations for classifying jobs, and positions.
- Develop and maintain procedures for providing employee services such as:
� Employee service awards, employee recreation programs, and incentive programs.
- Direct the development and administration of programs for employeecommunications.
- Provide and promote community relations� expertise/support as required.
- Direct and maintain various activities designed to promote and maintain ahigh level of employee morale.
- Manage Guard Force. Review, maintain and recommend changes in plant securityprocedures.
� College Degree in Business Administration, preferably in Industrial Psychologyor Human Resources, MBA a plus.
� Minimum Seven (7) years� experience in Human Resource, Labor Relationsexperience is required.
� Solid computer skills (i.e. Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, Word, HRIS systems)
� Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills at all levels both withinand outside the organization.
� Good judgment and self-confidence in order to be able to successfullyinfluence and convince others as well as to counsel and coach.
� Able to create & extend partnerships with others
� Proactively identifies opportunities and solutions which will contribute tothe overall success of the individual/team/organization.
� Ability to practice tact and diplomacy at all times.
� Enthusiastic team player.
Must be authorized to work in the U.S.var reformattingAllowed = true;