Patricio Enterprises Configuration Manager III - Stafford, VA in Stafford, Virginia
Position: Configuration Manager III *Location: Stafford, VA Status: Full-time Clearance: Active Secret Clearance preferred/Eligible to obtain and maintain Travel: Negligible Benefits: 401K, Life/Health/ Dental/Disability Insurance, Paid Time Off, and Tuition Reimbursement*
Patricio Enterprises is seeking a Configuration Manager (CM) to perform essential job functions related to technical management discipline for both hardware and software. When applied over the life cycle of a system, provides visibility and control of its performance, functional and physical attributes. CM verifies that a system performs as intended, and is identified and documented in sufficient detail to support its projected life cycle. The candidate will specifically support the PEO Land Systems’ Air Command & Control and Sensor Netting Program Management Office
Essential Job Functions:
- Implements and audits the configuration management process and associated documentation to ensure that the organizational configuration management policy is being followed.
- Reviews released engineering change data and changes documenting activities to ensure adherence to configuration management procedures and policies.
- Helps define, implement and integrate the configuration management database strategy.
- Contribute to and provide the on-going management of the Configuration Management Plan. Responsibilities in this area extend to designing the ways that configuration item information is controlled, the security levels associated and ensures that roles and responsibilities are clearly articulated.
- Update and maintain configuration documentation.
- Perform Configuration Management activities relating to identification, control, and tracking of designated systems, software, and/or equipment.
- Review and develop recommendations on software and hardware test incident reports, trouble reports, ECPs, and system drawings.
- Support Configuration Control Board activities.
- Interface with department personnel to ensure new systems/services are compliant with CM policy.
- Coordinate multiple related projects.
- Takes a proactive approach to anticipating, preventing and solving problems.
- Critiques and advises on critical aspects of project strategies/plans to help ensure project success.
- Responsible for the maintenance and continuous improvement of the working methods and tools, network configurations, software development activity, and documentation of the organization.
- Obtains and maintains any security clearances, status or licenses required by client to perform work.
- Maintains regular onsite work schedule.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
*Supervisory Responsibility: *
This position may have supervisory responsibilities.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Ability to research, analyze, and evaluate information using the internet and other sources
Ability to express ideas effectively orally and in writing
Ability to work with large amounts of data
Ability/willingness to adapt to various Configuration Management databases
Knowledgeable with Microsoft Office
Required Education and Experience:
High School Diploma/GED and 10-12 years related experience;
BS/BA and minimum 4-7 years-experience
Must have working knowledge of Multi-user ECP Automated Review System, Synergy Change, CMPRO, and Data Object Oriented Repository System.
EOE. Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. *Patricio Enterprises Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. *
Tracking Code: 5941
Job Location: Stafford, Virginia, United States
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular