Vencore Systems Engineer II in Springfield, Virginia
Vencore is a proven provider of information solutions, engineering and analytics for the U.S. Government. With more than 40 years of experience working in the defense, civilian and intelligence communities, Vencore designs, develops and delivers high impact, mission-critical services and solutions to overcome its customers most complex problems.
Headquartered in Chantilly, Virginia, Vencore employs 3,800 engineers, analysts, IT specialists and other professionals who strive to be the best at everything they do.
Vencore is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Description: Acts as NGA Test Organization (NTO) Test Director for major test activities, for example, a set of future or transformational NGA capabilities for a major NSG production system (e.g., GIMS NEXT, CEDALION, NCL, etc.). Plans test schedules for the NTO, also coordinates activities with Enterprise planners. Communicates and coordinates all test plan activities with NGA program offices and staffs. Directs test planning, execution, and participates hands-on in those events. Reports and briefs status and progress, to senior management personnel within NGA. Acts as the NTO SME during Agency testing under the guidance of the Director and Deputy Director, NGA Test Organization and in coordination with the NSG IV&V Project Lead. Tracks and reports significant activity regarding system development, development schedules, and readiness milestone reviews/results and issues (e.g., features/user stories/requirements/design/test readiness reviews). Represents the NTO as an advisor to NGA product work managers (Program/Project Managers, Product Owners, and PMOs), in ensuring adherence of the project to the NSG Enterprise Test and Evaluation Master Plan (TEMP) and the NGA Test and Evaluation (T&E) Process. Tests and validates the integration of NGA projects, segments, applications, and services into the Enterprise architecture. Directs the test validation of interface operability and satisfaction of integrated inter-system requirements. Reviews Request for Change (RFCs) and Engineering Change Proposals (ECPs) for test impacts and provides required inputs. Represents the NTO at technical meetings and Release Planning meetings in order to ensure test issues and project schedules are determined to allow for proper verification and validation of the product prior to delivery into operations.
- Active TS/SCI Clearance
- 1+ years of experience in related field
- BS in Engineering, Systems Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent
- Agile testing experience and familiarity with SAFe practices
- Extensive knowledge of interactions across multiple Mission Partner and NGA production segment interfaces
- Substantial experience with one or more components of the NGA imagery/geospatial archive/dissemination/exploitation architectures.
- Imagery and/or geospatial systems experience takes precedence over test experience as a required qualification
- Ability to operate NGA imagery-handling applications or the potential and interest to rapidly learn to use them in order to test them as an operator.
- Well-developed speaking and writing ability
- Learn, understand, and apply NTO test policies and requirements as documented in the NSG Enterprise TEMP and T&E Process documentation
- Polished ability to brief senior forums
- MS in Engineering, Systems Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent
- Knowledgeable about IC Cloud Computing Initiatives and tenets of Cloud Computing, to include virtualization (HW & SW), SOA, open standards initiatives, Agile Engineering and Development, and NIST framework
- Knowledgeable about DevOps and how it is implemented in an organization, prior experience with implementing a DevOps framework and process for deploying capability
- Hands on prior operational experience specifically related to NGA segments being tested.
- NGA segment experience as a system integrator.
- Prior operational site experience is a plus
Job ID 2017-48211
# of Openings Remaining 1
Residency Status U.S. Citizenship Required
Clearance Top Secret/SCI
Employee Type Regular
Desired Experience ..
Time Type Full Time