Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
REGISTERED NURSE I
Department: Vascular PCU/telemetry (VPCU)
Shift: Evening/Night shift
Job Code: PNU13035R
As part of the health care team, assumes primary accountability for nursing coordination and provision of individualized care for patients of all ages. Utilizes delegation and critical thinking skills to provide quality service through a team oriented, collaborative approach to patient care.
Assesses, plans, implements, and evaluates patient care in order to achieve optimum patient outcomes for patients of all ages as appropriate to service area.
Promotes Carilion’s culture of service excellence and quality by implementing and accepting accountability for the service standards: provide excellent service to patients/customers; build strong relationships and team cohesiveness; focus on quality and positive solutions; communicate respectfully; demonstrate compassion and understanding in response to patient and customer requests/needs.
Champions the Carilion Clinic and Nursing Services’ mission, vision, values and philosophy; complies with the policies and procedures, ethical standards and code of conduct set forth by the company.
Minimum Qualifications Required:
· Graduate of school of professional nursingof an accredited college.
Licensure, certification, and/or registration:
· Currently licensed as Registered Nurse in theCommonwealthofVirginiaor eligible to sit for theVirginialicensure exam.
· Must obtain/maintain CPR, and possibly ACLS, PALS, NRP certifications based on specific work unit.
Other minimum qualifications:
· Keyboarding skills required for automated computer systems, including electronic medical records.
· Must successfully complete orientation and competency requirements.
· Must be able to meet essential job functions.
Service Excellence and Quality are hallmarks of Carilion Clinic. As a team member, you will be expected to consistently deliver the best in care and customer service. As an employee, you will demonstrate respect, dignity, kindness and empathy in each encounter with our patients, families, visitors and with each other.
Carilion Clinic is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Hours: Evening/Night & every 3rd weekend
Contact Name: Whitney Shell
Address: 1212 Third Street Roanoke, VA 24016