Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Requisition/Vacancy No. 82948BR
Position Title Architectural Designer II
Job Category Architecture and Design
Business Line Architecture
Office Region USA - Southeast
Office Location US - Roanoke, VA
Education Required Bachelors
Why Choose AECOM? Imagine working for a truly global company whose 45,000 employees share a singular passion: to make the world a better place. We enjoy what we do at AECOM. We bring projects to life in the cities and communities in which we work, and we’re driven by a set of values and a common purpose — to create, enhance and sustain the world’s built, natural and social environments. Innovation is built into every project we manage and every community we serve. We’ll provide you support in an environment that allows you to grow and succeed. Come share your passion with us.
About the Business Line Architecture
We help shape the world around us — from high-rise buildings to educational, cultural, research and transportation facilities. Our design process is based on energy-efficient building systems, and appropriate selection of materials and form to maximize environmental conditions and long-term performance.
• Develop solutions for a variety of technical problems of moderate scope and complexity.
• Work under general supervision of a registered architect to perform specific design and development tasks.
• Adapts and modifies design features and operational methods under moderate supervision of a project architect to meet project specifications.
• Prepare sketches, diagrams, calculations, cost estimates, schematic drawings and construction documents.
• The extent of the tasks will be based on individual capabilities and experience.
• Communicate with other disciplines to ensure project documents are completely coordinated.
• When requested to do so, assist the Director of Design and/or Business Development Department in pursuing new work.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Accredited professional degree in Architecture (Bachelor of Architecture), or equivalent.
• Generally 2-4 years minimum experience with an architectural firm designing buildings and producing contract documents preferred.
• Enrolled in the NCARB Intern Development Program and actively seeking state Architecture Registration.
• Limited travel as required to meet training and project requirements.
• Strong oral and written communications skills, graphic skills, and design ability.
• LEED Accreditation, or desire to obtain it, would be beneficial.
• Working knowledge of computer aided drafting programs AutoCAD and/or MicroStation required.
• Working knowledge of building information modeling programs Revit Architecture and/or Bentley Architecture preferred.
• Experience with graphics programs such as Photoshop, Illustrator, or InDesign, and modeling and rendering programs such as SketchUp or 3DS Max Design is desirable.
•Applicants selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
What We Offer AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.