American Express Sr Infrastructure Engineer II in Richmond, Virginia
The Senior Infrastructure Engineering role enables the technical delivery of a set of projects or products. Works within the Workstation Technology teams to design, manage the acquisition, installation and configuration of the technical components of the solution, and manage the day-to-day operations of the local and deployed instances of the solution. Responsible for ensuring that infrastructure solutions adhere to technical standards.
- Work closely with application teams to define, frame and capture business needs
- Participate in the infrastructure design and selection process
- Align customer needs to the evolution of the platform product roadmap
- Oversee the diagnosis and correction of infrastructure problems
- Provide internal analysis and support to ensure proper escalation during outages or periods of degraded system performance
- Conduct infrastructure performance and security assessments
- Support the certification and accreditation of infrastructure on customer networks
- Provide value-added solutions for business, both tactically and strategically
- Lead customers to understand how current or envisioned processes align to industry best practice
- Define processes, documentation and engineering diagrams for technical and operations support
- Prioritize, complete and oversee projects within budgetary and scheduling guidelines
- Ensure issues are identified, tracked, reported on and resolved in a timely manner
Responsible for the quality of deliverables in terms of the technical design, implementation, testing and adherence to technical compliance standards.
Provide lead support and direction to the team responsible for the overall health and maintenance of all infrastructure assets
10 or more years with desktop operating systems including Windows (7/8/10), OSX and Linux
- 8 or more years working on desktop imaging technologies including thin imaging, MDT and SCCM OSD, 1E products to create zero touch imaging experiences and non-intrusive software and patch delivery
- 8 or more years’ experience deploying and supporting enterprise desktop applications including Microsoft Office 365, Adobe and security tools including Symantec, McAfee, Crowdstrike and Cisco VPN
- Extensive experience with desktop technologies to create innovative workspaces
- Extensive experience designing and implementing large scale platforms with resiliency and reliability.
- Client Automation and Administration Experience with scripting via PowerShell, Desired State Configuration, Visual Basic, and understanding of WMI
- Understanding of Unified Endpoint Management and Mobile Device Management
- Create scalable software that support over 100,000 users with multiple end points.
- Windows 10, AD, Group Policy, Windows Security
- Creation, support, and management of windows desktop builds
- Configuration, Management and Support of SCCM, SCOM, Nomad
- Integration and configuration of unified communication tools in shared infrastructure environment – ie, Skype for Business, Jabber, Slack, etc.
- Excellent .NET (ASP.net, C#, VB.net) development skills, including frameworks and tools such as: IIS, WCF and MVC (Stack Overflow)
- Storage management (i.e. SAN) design and support
- Understanding of databases
- Understanding of application packaging concepts and best practices
- Knowledge of networking as well as network appliance configuration, setup, and troubleshooting for load Balancers, SSL VPN, ICA Proxy, Micro segmentation - i.e., F5, NetScaler, VMWare Access Point, Aruba
- PowerShell scripting and automation
- Experienced knowledge using the core tools used in the planning, analyzing, designing, building, testing, configuring and maintaining of assigned application(s)
- Core knowledge of platform delivery methodology - Agile, Scrum, Kanban
- Detailed understanding of software defined compute, storage, networking, automation and orchestration
Title: Sr Infrastructure Engineer II
Other Locations: US-Arizona-Phoenix
Requisition ID: 17011462