Rose International INC Pharmacy Tech in Richmond, Virginia
Position Title: Pharmacy Tech
Position Number: 261472
Location: Richmond, VA
Desired Skill Set:
Clinical, Pharmacy, Research
"U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor or consider Corp 2 Corp candidates.”
Title: Certified Pharmacy Technician
Location: Richmond VA 23233 United States
Duration: 0-12 month(s)
• Evaluates and authorizes approval of prior authorization pharmacy requests from prescribers received by telephone and/or facsimile using client clinical criteria. Determines appropriateness for medications. Communicates decision to physicians, physician’s office staff, medical management staff, and/or pharmacists.
• Communicates selected prior authorization criteria, pharmacy benefit coverage, and formulary alternatives to physicians, physician’s office staff, medical management staff, and/or pharmacists.
• Researches, resolves, and documents prior authorization outcomes in the pharmacy system.
• Escalates requests to Pharmacist when request requires extensive clinical review or denial.
• Researches, resolves, and documents physician or client inquiries and grievances. Provides verbal or written results to client, prescriber, provider, and/or management.
Performs other duties as required
• 6 months experience in retail, hospital, or facility pharmacy setting required.
• Proficiency in computerized pharmacy systems and software applications required.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to follow clinical criteria and instructions
• Experience with Windows-based software applications. High School Diploma or equivalent.
• Pharmacy Technician Certification or License#CBRose#
Send me a reminder to complete this application
Rose International is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion,
sex, national origin, arrest and conviction records, or any other characteristic
protected by law. Positions located in San Francisco, California will be administered
in accordance with the Fair Chance Ordinance.