City of Richmond - Utilities Equipment Operator II - Wastewater Collections in Richmond, Virginia
The purpose of the class is to utilize complex and/or heavy motor equipment, machinery and vehicles for specific or general applications. This class is responsible for the routine maintenance procedures, safe and effective operating of heavy equipment to include loading and or storage of the equipment as needed. The training and supervision may be exercised over semi-skilled worker and unskilled workers. The class works according to set procedures under direct supervision.
Supervision: *Exercised:Classification typically does not supervise. * Received:*Incumbent reporting relationship is based on department. * Note:**Other reporting relationships may apply
Example of Duties:
The Department of Public Utilities - Wastewater Collections is seeking a qualified candidate to fill the position of Equipment Operator II.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Operating various trucks and equipment, specialized vehicles and various types of cleaning equipment;
- Assisting in installation and repair of sewer pipes and structures;
- Loading, transporting and delivering supplies;
- Identifying and locating connections;
- Evaluating conditions at main connections and manholes, types of pipe, grease deposits, debris, foreign objects, roots, cracks, corrosion, infiltration, bad joints, broken pipes and other abnormal conditions that might exist.
This position is an Essential Personnel
Qualifications, Special Certifications and Licenses:
- Graduation from high school or GED;
- Requires two years of experience at the equipment operator I level and successfully completed training on Three pieces of equipment at the equipment operator II level;
An equivalent combination of training and experience (as approved by the department) may be used to meet the minimum qualifications of the classification. Preferred Qualifications:
The successful candidate will have at least two (2) years work experience operating a backhoe in a utilities excavating environment;
- Commercial Driver's License Class B or higher;
- Valid Driver's License. (Click herefor details about the Equipment Operator I duties and qualifications)
Americans with Disabilities Act Requirements:
PHYSICAL AND DEXTERITY REQUIREMENTS: Physical and dexterity refers to the requirement for physical exertion and coordination of limb and body movement.
Requires medium work that involves walking, standing, stooping, jumping, stretching, or lifting all of the time; exerting between 20 and 50 pounds of force on a regular and recurring basis; and exceptional skill, adeptness, and speed in the use of fingers, hands, or limbs in tasks involving very close tolerances or limits of accuracy.
ENVIRONMENTAL HAZARDS: Environmental hazards refer to the job conditions that may lead to injury or health hazards even though precautions have been taken.
The job may risk exposure to extreme heat and/or cold, bright/dim light, dusts and pollen, wet or humid conditions, extreme noise levels, vibration, fumes and/or noxious odors, traffic, moving machinery, electric shock, animals/wildlife, and disease/pathogens.
SENSORY REQUIREMENTS: Sensory ability refers to hearing, sight, touch, taste, and smell required by the job.
The job requires normal visual acuity, depth perception, and field of vision, hearing, speaking and sense of smell.
The City of Richmond, Virginia is an Equal Opportunity Employer. ADA requires the City to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Prospective and current employees are invited to discuss accommodations.
Job Title: Equipment Operator II - Wastewater Collections
Closing Date/Time: Sun. 07/02/17 11:59 PM Eastern Time
Salary: $25,785.00 - $41,796.00 Annually
Job Type: Full-Time
Location: 1400 Brander Street, Richmond, Virginia
Department: Public Utilities