City of Richmond - Utilities Equipment Operator II - Stormwater Utility Program in Richmond, Virginia
The purpose of the class is to utilize complex and/or heavy motor equipment, machinery and vehicles for specific or general applications. This class is responsible for the routine maintenance procedures, safe and effective operating of heavy equipment to include loading and or storage of the equipment as needed. The training and supervision may be exercised over semi-skilled worker and unskilled workers. The class works according to set procedures under direct supervision.
Supervision: *Exercised:Classification typically does not supervise. * Received:*Incumbent reporting relationship is based on department. * Note:**Other reporting relationships may apply
Example of Duties:
The Department of Public Utilities- Storm Water Utility Program is seeking candidates for multiple Equipment Operator II positions within the Storm Water Utility (SWU) department.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Operating equipment to include but not limited to specialized equipment, machinery or vehicles such as: heavy construction vehicles, Bobcat W/Skid Loader bucket-trucks, backhoes, Sewer Vactor Trucks, Dump trucks (light and heavy), tandem trucks and Crew Cab Trucks with trailers and/or snow removal equipment, pressure sprayers, light paving equipment, hand grinders, walk behind grinders, boom truck, compressor dump trucks, Heavy Roller (greater than 4000 lb.), jackhammers, specialized excavation equipment, slope mowers, and tractor mounted graders, front-end loaders, ditch diggers, and other equipment as assigned;
- Maintaining equipment, machinery, or vehicles in good working order.;
- Observing established protocols and procedures for safe operation and storage;
- Performing routine maintenance;
- Reporting damaged or unsafe equipment to supervisor.;
- Loading, transporting, and delivering refuse construction materials, supplies or equipment;
- Establishing safe work zones by erecting barricades and signs;
- Directing traffic;
- Maintaining grounds through cutting grass; raking and shoveling various materials used to restore work sites;
- Repairing minor masonry and concrete structures.
Qualifications, Special Certifications and Licenses:
- Graduation from high school or GED;
- Requires two years of experience at the equipment operator I level and successfully completed training on Three pieces of equipment at the equipment operator II level;
- An equivalent combination of training and experience (as approved by the department) may be used to meet the minimum qualifications of the classification;
- Requires a commercial driving license with proper endorsements in accordance with Division of Motor Vehicle regulations. Preferred Qualifications
The successful candidate will demonstrate through a fully complete and detailed on-line application and Supplemental Questionnaire having:
- At least two (2) years of experience at the Equipment Operator I level (seehttp://agency.governmentjobs.com/richmond/default.cfm?action=viewclassspec&classSpecID;=62151&agency;=1233&viewOnly;=yesfor details about the Equipment Operator I duties and qualifications);
- Successfully completed training on at least three (3) pieces of equipment at the Equipment Operator II level which are listed in the above duties section;
- CDL class (B) with proper endorsements is required;
- N -tanker endorsement.
Americans with Disabilities Act Requirements:
PHYSICAL AND DEXTERITY REQUIREMENTS: Physical and dexterity refers to the requirement for physical exertion and coordination of limb and body movement.
Requires medium work that involves walking, standing, stooping, jumping, stretching, or lifting all of the time; exerting between 20 and 50 pounds of force on a regular and recurring basis; and exceptional skill, adeptness, and speed in the use of fingers, hands, or limbs in tasks involving very close tolerances or limits of accuracy.
ENVIRONMENTAL HAZARDS: Environmental hazards refer to the job conditions that may lead to injury or health hazards even though precautions have been taken.
The job may risk exposure to extreme heat and/or cold, bright/dim light, dusts and pollen, wet or humid conditions, extreme noise levels, vibration, fumes and/or noxious odors, traffic, moving machinery, electric shock, animals/wildlife, and disease/pathogens.
SENSORY REQUIREMENTS: Sensory ability refers to hearing, sight, touch, taste, and smell required by the job.
The job requires normal visual acuity, depth perception, and field of vision, hearing, speaking and sense of smell.
The City of Richmond, Virginia is an Equal Opportunity Employer. ADA requires the City to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Prospective and current employees are invited to discuss accommodations.
Job Title: Equipment Operator II - Stormwater Utility Program
Closing Date/Time: Sun. 07/02/17 11:59 PM Eastern Time
Salary: $25,785.00 - $41,796.00 Annually
Job Type: Full-Time
Location: 400 Jefferson Davis Highway, Richmond, Virginia
Department: Public Utilities