Leidos Senior Administrative Assistant in RESTON, Virginia
Leidos is seeking a Senior Administrative Assistant to support the Operations and Logistics Solutions organization.
The Operations & Logistics Solutions Senior Administrative Assistant is responsible for providing administrative assistance to the senior leadership team. This position is critical in enabling O&LS leadership to meet business objectives. The candidate must be proactive, well organized, great communicator, creative problem solver, and be a role model of Leidos values - integrity, innovation, agility, collaboration, and commitment.
Primary responsibilities of the position include daily administrative support to the Vice President for Operations and the Vice Presidents/Division Managers. The candidate will be an active member of the leadership team and provide advice and support to line and functional management regarding policies, procedures, and systems associated with administrative support, travel and expense, communication, and employee engagement.
The candidate will perform a broad range of administrative tasks, to include managing senior leader’s calendars, coordinating travel, preparing expense reports, coordinating, consolidating, and writing inputs for key weekly management reports and monthly operating reviews, preparing research and correspondence, and coordinating meeting logistics. The candidate may from time-to-time act as proxy to the leadership team, such as representing them in communications and may make administrative decisions or take actions on their behalf based on knowledge of the company's organization, priorities, policies and personnel. He/she will prioritize and carry out special projects and complex assignments as needed, exercising frequent independent judgment, initiative and tact.
The candidate will also be an active coordinator, contributor, and participant with organization communications, online blogs and posts, and employee engagement activities and events. He/she will be a key collaborator with the O&LS Executive Assistant to enable organization wide activities and requirements.
This is a highly visible position that demands a high degree of telephone, email, and personal professionalism, polish and diplomacy. Absolute confidentiality is a critical component of this role. Occasional overtime may be required. Required work location for this position is Reston, VA. Occasional travel for employee engagement events and organization activities is required.
Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Communications or another related field is preferred, and 5 years of administrative support experience of an increasingly responsible nature supporting senior managers. Additional relevant experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
• Must possess an upbeat, positive, outgoing and personable demeanor with an ability to interact and relate well with both external and internal contacts at all levels, up to and including senior level leadership and customers. Must be able to work effectively with key administrative and other functional personnel across the enterprise.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills, sound decision-making and prioritization ability, and attention to detail are critical.
• Must have excellent calendar management skills including the ability to coordinate complex executive meetings. Must have a mastery of Microsoft Outlook.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint required. Knowledge and experience with Deltek Time, Concur Travel Booking and Expense, Workday, Skype, and SharePoint is preferred.
• Demonstrated ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously with a commitment to completion of projects on a timely basis.
• Must have strong problem-solving skills with an ability to diagnose and resolve complex issues.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.