Microsoft Corporation Consultant - SharePoint O365 in Reston, Virginia
Microsoft Services is proud to have the opportunity to serve our customers and to offer an opportunity for you to do the same. The security of our nation and preservation of our nation’s interests are critical to the safety and prosperity of the United States. Microsoft Services plays a vital role in empowering our customers' to achieve more. Job Description: As a consultant you will deliver solutions to customers enabling them to achieve greater productivity form their investment in Microsoft technology. As part of the Microsoft community, you will be responsible for crafting, and deploying high quality solutions using the latest Microsoft products and technologies in demanding customer environments. Consultants also ensure customers have an understanding of the relevant application features, infrastructure, and operations implications of the solution. You will engage in effective dialog with senior-level technology decision makers to ensure the solution achieves the expected business value. Communication with your customer is important so that the technical solution meats the business need. You will continuously demonstrate your real passion for the customer through integrity and aspiring for excellence in all aspects of the customer experience.
• 5+ years of experience in IT systems development or consulting
• 5+ years of experience in crafting solutions to solve business problems
• 5+ years of industry experience with Microsoft products
• Ability to communicate Office 365 (O365) product benefits and our unique service capabilities and offerings to IT and business leaders.
• Ability to gather and translate customer business requirements into a use case for Microsoft O365 (or other products) and drive adoption
• Advanced skills with SharePoint, O365, and cloud solutions with a broad technology background as a core foundation.
• Experience with O365 deployments in the enterprise along with knowledge of other O365 features such as Office Online, Exchange, Skype for Business, Yammer, Power BI, and Delve.
• Experience with O365 specifically SharePoint, One Drive for Business and cloud identities
• Technical proficiency in O365, especially SharePoint planning, design and deployment, configuration, optimization, migration, and standard methodologies
• Deep technical understanding of Office 365 sign-in models to include Cloud Identity, Synchronized Identity and Federated Identity including Azure Active Directory
• Skilled with PowerShell for O365 and SharePoint and the O365 administration portal
• Proficient with Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010, 2013 or 2016 migrating to O365 or implementing hybrid solutions between SharePoint on-premise and O365
• Strong knowledge of SharePoint technologies to include eDiscovery, O365 Groups, Power BI, One Drive for Business, content management, search, social, workflows, Office Online, and the cloud application model
• Experience in customer-facing roles with demonstrated capability in clearly presenting thoughts and ideas confidently to audiences of various sizes and technical knowledge levels.
• Demonstrated aptitude for providing extraordinary customer service in politically charged environments.
• Ability to adapt to the customer’s changing needs or requirements as they arise.
• Ability to work independently with minimal management supervision and also as part of a global team of Consultants and Engineers
• Possess real passion for continuous learning, strong problem-solving skills, critical thinking, time management skills, and good judgement.
• Ability to improve the technical expertise of peers via the development of product related intellectual capital and mentoring new hires.
• Ability to apply knowledge to improve existing products and systems in the customer environment and for internal use.
• Assist in developing strategies to gain additional business by communicating opportunities to sales teams.
• Understanding of building and deploying cloud solutions
• Experience with cloud security, governance and compliance
• Deep understanding of cloud technologies and solutions especially with Azure and Infrastructure as a Service
• Experience with third-party migration tools, e.g. Metalogix and Cashal
• Experience in technologies that incorporate SharePoint such as CRM, Project or SQL Server Reporting Services
• Industry or SharePoint Certification Education: Minimum bachelor’s degree preferably in Computer Science or Information Systems. Will consider related field (or equivalent) experience.
Travel is an integral part of this position. You should be willing to travel as is demanded by the needs of our customers and our business. This position may require travel to customer sites up to 75% of the time. Overnight travel may also be required.
The successful candidate must have an active U.S. Government Top Secret Clearance with access to Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) based on a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) with Polygraph.
This position requires successful verification of the stated security clearance to meet federal government customer requirements. You will be asked to provide clearance verification information prior to an offer of employment.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.