Parsons Corporation Security Researcher in Quantico, Virginia
Quantico, Virginia, United States
(US Citizenship Required)
Parsons is hiring a top-notch software engineer to develop specialized software within a first class team of developers, reverse engineers, cyber specialists, and computer scientists.You will want to have tinkered with binary reverse engineering and software vulnerability discovery to be successful in this position.
Work will involve direct interaction with customers and other contractors to participate in the software tool design and development process, productdeployment, and support of new and ongoing operations. We are determined to provide our customers with unique capabilities and expertise that other company’s lack. We operate as a high performance team dedicated to maintaining the top technical talent to perform the customer’s mission - our number one priority. If you are enamored by technology and eager to sink your teeth into something new, we want to meet you.
•A minimum of7 years overall engineering experience with 2 years of Vulnerability Research and/or Reverse Engineering experience.
• Coding!!! - The ability to write programs quickly to accomplish point solutions in languages like Python, C, C++, C#, PHP.
• Code Review - The ability to review source code to identify bugs and vulnerabilities.
• Operating Systems Architecture - Knowledge of how operating systems work from “user land” code right through to the kernel.
• Software reverse engineering – Experience using IDA Pro to determine how an application works and processes data. This could include x86, ARM, ARM64 etc.
• Experience identifying zero days including memory corruption bugs for example stack overflows, heap overflows, integer overflows, logical flaws.
• Experience with mitigation techniques (ASLR, Stack cookies, non-executable memory).
• File format reverse engineering – Experience determining how files are structured, understanding the standard methods for encoding data from Base64 to ASN1.
• Encryption - A good understand of how symmetrical and asymmetrical encryption works, certificate chain of trust, crypto weaknesses etc.
• Protocol Analysis - Knowledge of how IP/Serial based protocols work and how to reverse their format including checksums, MACs, encoding formats, HTTP, XML etc.
• Fuzzing - Experience of writing and running fuzzers, understanding of the differences between dumb and more intelligent fuzzers, and how reverse engineering feeds the process.
Applicants selected for employment will be subject to a Federal background investigation and must meet additional eligibility requirements for access to classified information or materials.
Parsons is a technology-driven engineering services firm with more than 70 years of experience in the engineering, construction, technical, and professional services industries. The corporation is a leader in many diversified markets with a focus on infrastructure, defense, and construction. Parsons delivers design/design-build, program/construction management, systems design/engineering, cyber/converged security, and other professional services packaged in innovative alternative delivery methods to federal, regional, and local government agencies, as well as to private industrial customers worldwide.
All across the world, at every time of day, Parsons is keeping people moving toward a brighter, safer world. For more about Parsons, please visit.
Create and manage profiles for future opportunities.
Track your opportunities.
Aberdeen, Maryland, United States
Fort Meade, Maryland, United States
North Charleston, South Carolina, United States
Parsons Careers. All rights reserved.
Sign up for email alerts and be the first to know of our new opportunities.
Get Social with Us!