Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Microsoft System Engineer (VA-007a-13)
This is an anticipatory position that is projected to start 01 April 2013.
In support of our Marine Corps client''s mission to provide enterprise network operations and computer network defense for the Marine Corps Enterprise Network, the successful candidate will provide Platforms support to the Enterprise Services, EDM team.
The candidate shall configure all aspects of AD in support of a 255,000 user environment across multiple AD forests. The candidate shall use their experience with AD and certifications in Microsoft MCSE to provide the required AD support. The candidate shall be responsible for all aspects of AD including accounts and group management, security, Windows Internet Name Service, Domain Name Service, Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol, File Replication Service, Global Policy Object and other directory services technologies as applicable.
The candidate shall possess recent, relevant, and extensive experience with AD at the Tier II and III level and utilize their knowledge of Windows Server Operating System and applications that are supported by AD to provide AD support. Extensive knowledge with environments separated by firewalls as they relate to AD and SYSVOL replication is required. The environment is VMware based and requires the candidate to use their knowledge with virtualized environments.
The candidate shall perform the following Active Directory tasks:
* · Install, configure and identify proper settings in support of an enterprise Active Directory, schema and DNS structure consisting of multiple domains.
* · Test routines/procedures to establish and manage administrative delegation.
* · Install, configure, test and document Microsoft Windows Server software installations.
* · Strong working knowledge of windows platforms including Windows 2003 Server, Windows 2008 Server, and Windows 2008 R2
* · Deep knowledge of Windows Servers and Active Directory
* · PowerShell Scripting
* · AD Scripting
* · Working knowledge of PKI as related to Active Directory
* · Create sites, subnets and replication links.
* · Transfer operations master roles as required.
* · Configure DNS for Active Directory as required.
* · Support installation, configuration, testing, implementation and documentation of management of Active Directory domain controllers supporting Microsoft Exchange servers, Microsoft SharePoint servers, and various application services on an Enterprise level.
* · Troubleshoot Active Directory replication issues, optimizing replication flow, and identifying network problems that cause replication and network logon issues.
* · Support configuration and tuning efforts to optimize LDAP replication and queries.
* · Back up and restore Active Directory.
Bachelor’s degree in engineering, information systems, computer science or related field of study. Additional years of experience and technical certifications may be used to meet a degree requirement.
DOD 8570 IAMII compliance including Security+. Equivalent certifications may suffice.
Active DOD Secret Clearance.
Five years of experience providing IT services.
Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS)
Microsoft Windows Server 2003 and 2008
Experience updating and patching IT hardware.