Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Database Administrator (VA-017-13)
This is an anticipatory position that is projected to start 01 April 2013.
In support of our Marine Corps client''s mission to provide enterprise network operations and defense, the successful candidate will provide Microsoft SQL Server support tot he Current Operations team supporting the development and operation of a classified reporting system and other unclassified systems using an MS SQL database.
For Microsoft SQL Server 2003 and 2008 as well as Microsoft SQL Server 2003 and 2008 Reporting Services; Provide Microsoft SQL Server support for entire OPDRS Enterprise System. Architect Microsoft SQL Server system design, back up planning, high availability, and SQL Server maintenance. The candidate shall configure and operating Microsoft SQL databases throughout USMC application servers in a secure manner. The candidate shall configure SSL access and logging on the devices. The candidate shall use their experience with Database management at the Tier II and Tier III level and expertise with Clustering, Disaster Recovery, Scripting and Reporting Services to provide EDM DBA. The candidate shall use their industry certifications commensurate with the level of expertise required for the tasks (e.g., Microsoft MCDBA, etc.) to provide DBA services. The system environment is VMware based and the candidate shall use their knowledge of VMware Networking to provide DBA services.
The candidate shall provide the following EDM DBA support services:
* · Resolve all EDM DBA incident tickets and provide a DBA Status Report on a weekly basis on DBA incidents escalated from the service desk.
* · Provide guidance and instruction to the service desk for handling standard network infrastructure related incidents and service requests.
* · Provide DBA Documentation to service desk personnel on the procedures for completing the task.
* · Submit and execute network related Request for Change (RFC) tasks.
* · Escalate DBA tickets to Tier III and other sections.
* · Maintain the overall health of technologies associated with Database Infrastructure.
* · Monitor the health of Database Infrastructure with provided event management tools.
* · Provide project support for Database Infrastructure related technologies.
* · Coordinate with other sections on DBA issues.
* · Participate in a Change Review Board.
* · Escalate DBA issues to third party product vendors.
* · Follow all ITIL v 3.0 (and later versions) processes as they are applied to the MCNOSC.
* · Implement monitoring tool thresholds and conduct proactive event remediation.
Bachelor’s degree in engineering, information systems, computer science or related field of study.
Additional years of experience and technical certifications may be used to meet a degree requirement.
DOD 8570 IATII compliance including Security+ and a Computing Environment Certification. Equivalent certifications may suffice.
* · Active DOD Secret Clearance.
* · Five years of experience providing IT services.
* · Expert skill level with Microsoft SQL.
* · Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate: SQL Server 2012 certification.
* · Microsoft MCDBA
* · Solid experience with Microsoft operating systems, Microsoft Exchange, Active Directory.
* · Experience updating and patching IT hardware.