Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Job Title Training Specialist, US Navy Platforms
Job ID Number 207631.1
Company General Dynamics Information Technology
Location Norfolk, VA
Job Category Installation, Maintenance, and Repair
Job Description As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors. With approximately 21,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services. General Dynamics Information Technology is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
Waterfront Training organization providing training to all US Navy platforms focusing on the Integrated Air and Missile Defense training for Aegis, including Self Assessment Groom Training (SAGT) and Advanced Warfare Training (AWT) Phases. Candidate may also support SSDS Mk 2 SAGT/AWT training.Develops, organizes, and conducts training and educational programs for customer personnel.
1. Develops, tests, maintains, and delivers training programs and related materials in support of customer training objectives.
2. Establishes course content and objectives.
3. Conducts training sessions and develops criteria for evaluating the effectiveness of training activities.
4. Maintains records of training activities, participant progress, and program effectiveness.
5. Updates course documentation on a regular basis to ensure timeliness and relevance.
6. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
7. Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelors Degree in a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work/military experience.
2-5 years of directly related experience in the development and delivery of technical training programs.
Conduct Integrated Air and Missile Defense (IAMD) Advanced Warfare Training (AWT) on all Aegis platforms as both a classroom instructor and watchteam training as the SuWC.
? Provide IAMD Self Assessment Groom Training (SAGT) on all Aegis platforms covering all shipboard training systems.
? Remain current on Surface Warfare procedures across all Fleets.
? Subject Matter Expertise on all ACTS and BFTT training systems.
? NEC 9502, Journeyman Instructor Training (JIT) or equivalent.
? ET, FC, IT, STG, OS or GM Rating.
Apply Online Directly with General Dynamics Information Technology