AECOM Sr. Application System Analyst in Norfolk, Virginia
Business Line Government
Position Title Sr. Application System Analyst
United States of America - Virginia
AECOM is seeking a Sr. Application System Analyst to join our team in Norfolk, VA. This position requires competence in most phases of software system analysis and knowledge of pertinent system software and computer equipment and of the work processes, requirements, applicable regulations, workload, and practices of the assigned subject-matter area. Job duties require the ability to outline high level software requirements, mapping them for architectural and design implementation, and to recognize probable interactions of related software systems and predict system impact. In this position, works independently under overall project objectives and requirements, and apprises supervisor about progress and unusual complications. Guidelines usually include existing systems and the constraints imposed by related systems with which the incumbent's work must be meshed. Work is reviewed for accuracy of judgment, compliance with instructions, and to insure proper alignment with the overall system. Completed work is reviewed for timeliness, compatibility with other work, and effectiveness in meeting requirements. This analyst may provide functional direction to lower level assistants on assigned work.
1) Reviews requirements which consist of objectives, scope, and user expectations; gathers facts, analyzes data, and prepares a detailed documentation for architectural development and design, and recommends a course of action.
2) Prepare detailed specifications from which programs will be written and design, code, test, debug, and document newly written programs.
3) Ability to determine and recommend architecture and design solutions and coordinate the work with program, users, etc.
4) Understands and implements industry standard process improve with artifacts and supporting documentation for process analysis.
5) Strong comprehension of development methodologies such as Agile, application lifecycle, Team Foundation Server including workflow development and process templates, testing models, release management, and associated development processes.
6) Perform at an advanced technical level on all phases of applications systems analysis and programming activities.
Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
Bachelor's degree or equivalent in related field and at least 10 years of job-related experience or equivalent.
Good written and oral communication skills.
Position requires a DoD Secret Security Clearance.
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow.
AECOM is an equal opportunity employer and Minorities, Females, Veterans, and Disabled persons are encouraged to apply. For further information, please click here at http://www.aecom.com/content/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/EEO-is-the-Law-poster-supplement.pdf to view the EEO Is The Law poster.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES:
Please note that AECOM does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, AECOM will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, AECOM explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of AECOM.
Job Category Information Technology
Country United States of America
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 161654BR