Northrop Grumman Field Technician 3 (E-2D Aircraft Avionics Technician - AT) in Norfolk, Virginia
Field Technician 3 (E-2D Aircraft Avionics Technician - AT)
Requisition ID: 17024078
Location(s): United States-Virginia-Norfolk
US Citizenship Required for this Position: Yes
Relocation Assistance: No relocation assistance available
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Northrop Grumman Technology Services is looking for an experienced Aircraft Avionics Technician (AT) to support the Japan Air Self Defense Force (JASDF) E-2D Program. Candidate must demonstrate a sound understanding and knowledge of the E-2C aircraft avionics systems and E-2D avionics experience is desired. This position will be located in Melbourne, Florida or Norfolk, Virginia for approximately 16 months in support of the organizational level maintenance and flight test efforts for the JASDF aircraft as part of an integrated maintenance team.Occasional temporary assignments to St Augustine, Florida may also be required as directed.Upon completion of the flight test efforts the aircraft will be delivered to Misawa, Japan and the candidate will assume an in country assignment for approximately 18 months supporting the maintenance and training of the JASDF squadron personnel.The Japan assignment will be an accompanied tour.
- AA or other 2 year technical degree in related discipline and 3 years of related experience. In lieu of a degree an additional 2 years of relevant experience may be accepted.
- Experience with the E-2 aircraft.
- Candidate must have been previously certified as a CDI, and/ or QAR in accordance with COMNAVAIRFORINST 4790.2 (series) and have documented NALCOMIS/ OOMA experience.
- Candidate should also have sound knowledge in the use of Microsoft Office.
- An active Secret security Clearance is mandatory.
- Current unexpired passport or the ability to obtain a valid passport.
- Knowledge of ALE systems is desirable.
- Navy Organizational Level AT experience on the E2D avionics systems and aircraft.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Title: Field Technician 3 (E-2D Aircraft Avionics Technician - AT)
Requisition ID: 17024078