Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Job Title Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist
Physical Location SMG-Sentara Anesthesia Specialists – CarePlex
In support of our mission "to improve health every day" this is a tobacco-free environment. Yes
Department Number and Name 261566571 Anesthesiology
Department Description Sentara Anesthesia Specialists – CarePlex
Employment Status Flexipool
Requisition Id 49892BR
Job Description Sentara Anesthesiology Specialists at Sentara CarePlex Hospital is seeking a CRNA.
HOURS: Minimum of 4 hours a week
Provides anesthesia services in support of the Surgical team.
Education: Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing and graduate of an accredited program of study in Nurse Anesthesia.
Experience: Previous CRNA experience is preferred. New graduates may work under the direct supervision of an MD or Lead CRNA prior to certification by AANA.
Licensure: Certification as a CRNA by AANA., licensed in the Commonwealth of Virginia
Other: ACLS and BLS required within 6 months; Demonstrates the minimum knowledge, skills and abilities to care for the individualized needs of the patients to include physical, psychological, socio-cultural, spiritual and cognitive needs as well as functional abilities including the need for diversified use of such practices.
1. Demonstrates the Patient Care skills required by role as CRNA
· Provides general, regional, or monitored anesthesia care for surgical and diagnostic procedures as directed by surgeon or anesthesiologist according to hospital procedure.
· Assists with management of anesthetics administered by other department members as required.
· Conducts pre-anesthesia evaluations on all surgical cases according to policy and reports critical abnormal findings to Anesthesiologist.
· Assists with patient care in post-anesthesia recovery room as required.
2. Demonstrates knowledge of Emergency Care
· Assists with patient resuscitation during Code Blue according to department procedures.
· Assists with airway management in emergency situations throughout hospital.
3. Demonstrates accurate records and checking
· Maintains accurate records on narcotics and controlled substances on a daily basis.
· Provides accurate and complete information on charge sheets for time, supplies, and equipment.
· Completes accurate record of anesthesia drugs given, patient status, and care given during the anesthesia.
4. Performs actions that demonstrates accountability
· Exercises safe judgment in decision-making.
· Demonstrates flexibility and adaptability to changes in nursing practice/surgical procedures/case volumes.
· Arrives to unit on time.
· Handles difficult situations appropriately.
· Utilizes down time constructively.
· Maintains cost effectiveness through prudent use of supplies and equipment.
· Complies with all Sentara Health Care, Human Resources, and departmental policies and procedures.
· Attends and actively participates in departmental meetings and in-services.
· Participates in development of education activities that promotes learning.
· Follows Sentara policy regarding API.
· Follows practice guidelines and policies of General O.R.
· Completes annual health screen during birthday month
· Completes mandatory annual education
· Maintains BLS/ACLS certification and CRNA certification