Northrop Grumman Systems Test Engineer 2 in McLean, Virginia
Systems Test Engineer 2
Requisition ID: 17021584
Location(s): United States-Virginia-McLean
US Citizenship Required for this Position: Yes
Relocation Assistance: No relocation assistance available
Northrop Grumman Technology Services sector is seeking a Junior Level Systems Test Engineer 2 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in McLean, VA. The qualified candidate will join our team of experienced, motivated individuals in defining the future of Law Enforcement Data sharing. The successful applicant will support LInX’s Engineering Systems Test Team and become a part of analyzing and evaluating data transformation and Software Development activities.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Synthesizes customer contractual needs and requirements into system test solutions that acknowledges technical, schedule and cost constraints.
• Develops and directs preparation and execution of comprehensive test plans, procedures and schedules for completing systems.
• Coordinates integrated testing activities. Reviews and evaluates test requirements to insure completeness of test program.
• Performs technical analysis of complete systems and prepares comprehensive system level evaluations.
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Information Systems or related technical area with a minimum of 2 years of work experience
• Must have knowledge of all phases of software development lifecycle and processes.
• Must have understanding of software unit testing.
• Must have strong attention to detail, problem solving and analytical skills.
• Must have a demonstrated ability to establish good customer relationships.
• Must have good communication, writing, and organization skills.
• Must work well in a team environment and have good interpersonal skills.
• Must be a self-starter with excellent-time management skills and the ability to prioritize multiple simultaneous tasks and to independently resolve issues and deliver results.
• Must be a US Citizen and be able to obtain a DoD Secret Clearance
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
• Experience with automated test tools
• Knowledge of SQL and database concepts
• Familiarity with public safety records management systems (RMSs)
• Familiarity with software CM processes and experience in a development environment
• Able to apply engineering techniques and analytical methods to make recommendations for improvements
• Ability to work effectively in a challenging, small team environment as required
• Strong software trouble-shooting skills
• Position prefers a candidate with a current Secret Clearance
• Post graduate coursework in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Information Systems
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Title: Systems Test Engineer 2
Requisition ID: 17021584