Freddie Mac SF Underwriting Sr in McLean, Virginia
McLean, VA 4
Full Time/Part Time:
The Single Family Underwriting Senior position ensures the quality and integrity of underwriting decisions and processes. This includes investigation, tracking, reporting and working across divisional lines to achieve resolution of issues, as well as ongoing consultation.
• Complete full loan file quality control underwriting review to cover all aspects of credit, capacity and collateral to determine investment quality and alignment with credit philosophy
• Manage a pipeline of loans assigned each month, to meet production and quality requirements.
• Request missing documentation necessary to complete the underwriting review
• Write clear and concise repurchase letters to customers identifying defects discovered in the loan file.
• Validate delivery data in Freddie Mac systems
• Provide quality control guidance to Freddie Mac Seller/Servicers
• Proactively identify and monitor adverse trends and report findings
• Develop working knowledge of how assigned customer base does business with Freddie Mac.
• Develop strong relationships with internal business partners
• Participate in customer management to include meetings, summary reporting, and conference calls
• Maximize seller quality performance and Freddie Mac underwriting performance by working closely with internal Business Partners to assist with Seller/Servicer management and reviews
• Evaluate and redesign quality assurance and risk management practices as needed and provide resolutions to an extensive range of complicated problems.
Work Location Zip Code:
SF Risk Management
• 5-7 years of recent mortgage underwriting experience
• College Degree or equivalent work experience
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office
Work Location City:
SF Underwriting Sr
• Excel experience preferred
• Ability to work well in a team environment and create a positive attitude within the team
• Ability to follow existing processes, yet challenge those processes when appropriate
• Must be self-motivated and able to perform investigative processes
• Mortgage insurance experience preferred
Today, Freddie Mac makes home possible for one in four home borrowers and is one of the largest sources of financing for multifamily housing. Join our smart, creative and dedicated team and you’ll do important work for the housing finance system and make a difference in the lives of others. Freddie Mac is an equal opportunity and top diversity employer. EOE, M/F/D/V.
Work Location State:
Mortgage & Underwriting