Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Req ID 19665BR
Job Title Senior Linux Systems Administrator
Location VA: McLean
Profession Information Technology
Department Code K904
Purpose MITRE’s CCG Enterprise Technology Lab is seeking an accomplished Windows and Linux systems administrator with strong technical skills to fill a Team Lead role and to help set up and operate computing labs that support a wide variety of research, prototype and development efforts. Responsibilities with include hands-on system administration, coordination with project teams, and active involvement in the design and ongoing support of technical implementations. Be a part of a team that stays on the cutting edge and often pushes the bounds of what’s possible. The successful candidate will help to support scientists and engineers who are solving our government customers' most difficult problems.
Security Clearance Level Top Secret
Key Functions * Set up and manage complex lab computing systems that accommodate research needs and government security requirements
* Provide operational support for business analytic and business intelligence tools
* Troubleshoot complex problems involving a wide variety of systems, services and protocols
* Assist with the collection of requirements and the design of new lab systems
* Liaison with various corporate services teams regarding networking and other infrastructure issues
* Write scripts to integrate systems and services, and to automate administrative functions
* Write system documentation and how-to guides
* Mentor junior systems administration staff
* Perform other duties as needed to help the lab department meet its organizational goals
Required Education/Experience: Bachelor's plus 4 years experience in job-relevant work experience
Desired Education/Experience BS in computer technology or other technical subject area plus 6 years of experience, or HS diploma with equivalent experience. Up to date and verifiable Red Hat Certified Engineer.
Required Skills: * You must have significant experience with all of the following: Windows Server 2008, Red Hat Enterprise Linux or CentOS, SQL, Perl, capacity planning, performance tuning, monitoring and profiling, and system security
* You must have the ability to address and overcome complex technical problems independently and with a high degree of competence
* You must have the ability to rapidly learn new skills and technologies
* You must have strong customer service, interpersonal, and organizational skills, and be able to demonstrate a high degree of initiative in addressing challenges and problematic situations
* You must have strong written and oral communication skills, and be able to develop and validate accuracy of security documentation artifacts
* You must have knowledge of system security administration and system hardening techniques
Desired Skills Additional experience with the following skills and technologies is desirable: Active Directory, SAS, Clementine, R, Kerberos, VMware vSphere/ESX, Cisco IOS, Oracle 10g/11g administration, PostgreSQL, Apache Server, high performance computing, Linux/Windows integration, Bacula, C language, Subversion, Nessus and other security scans, plus a deep knowledge of networking protocols.
Clearance Statement *Applicants selected for this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Only US citizens are eligible for a security clearance. For this position, MITRE will consider only applicants with security clearances or applicants who are eligible for security clearances.