Freddie Mac MF Underwriting Mgr in McLean, Virginia
McLean, VA 3
Full Time/Part Time:
The Risk Distribution & Credit (RDC) team focuses on analysis and presentation of credit underlying multifamily loans purchased by Freddie Mac where the risk is distributed to the private market. The Multifamily Underwriting Manager role focuses on leading a team to drive risk distribution executions and strategy across loans originated/purchased for Freddie Mac Multifamily’s various lending programs. The hired candidate will help ensure strong credit quality and consistent underwriting standards through evaluation and completion of Asset Summary Reports and interfacing with origination and securitization counterparts inside and outside of Freddie Mac. The successful candidate will also manage relationships and drive discussions with investors, ratings agencies, and other industry participants. Freddie Mac Multifamily’s loan production exceeded $55 billion in 2016 and to date, the RDC team has supported over $200 billion in total securitization issuance.
• Manage team of experienced and junior professionals to execute responsibilities in a demanding environment.
• Stay abreast of market, industry and macroeconomic developments to incorporate in analysis of program credit risk.
• Act as a Relationship Manager with internal and external business partners while bridging the origination and securitization processes.
• Support strong credit quality through objective reviews and feedback on activities.
• Ensure transparency of due diligence and effective communications with internal and external parties.
• Lead training, provide direction to, and review work product of junior employees on the team.
• Support and lead additional projects or initiatives impacting risk distribution.
Work Location Zip Code:
• 7+ years of progressively advancing commercial real estate experience and experience leading teams or managing people.
• Bachelor’s degree in Real Estate, Finance, Accounting or related field
• Demonstrated experience in underwriting and/or securitizing commercial real estate loans
• Strong analytical skills, critical thinking and problem solving ability
• Ability to work efficiently and drive team execution under tight timelines, provide direction and prioritize between multiple assignments
• Collaborative, positive, team player who enjoys being challenged and embraces change
• Proficient in Microsoft Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
Work Location City:
Multifamily Underwriting Manager
• Master’s Degree or higher level certification
• Prior work experience with Multifamily Lending, CMBS Investment, B-piece Due Diligence, Asset Management or Rating Agencies
• Demonstrated interest in multifamily real estate markets
Today, Freddie Mac makes home possible for one in four home borrowers and is one of the largest sources of financing for multifamily housing. Join our smart, creative and dedicated team and you’ll do important work for the housing finance system and make a difference in the lives of others. Freddie Mac is an equal opportunity and top diversity employer. EOE, M/F/D/V.
Work Location State:
Mortgage & Underwriting