Senior Front-End Developer
- Reports To: Director of Web Strategy and Online Experience
- Department: Marketing Administration
- Office Location: Manassas, VA
- FLSA Status:Exempt
- Date Posted: August 10, 2012
- Date Closing: Open Until Filled
Synopsis of Role:
The Senior Front-End Developer joins a team responsible for enhancing the company’s public web presence and user experience, building the brand and finding ways to leverage existing knowledge and technology across departments. The team serves its internal clients by guiding them through new content creation and web development efforts, as well as providing new ideas and execution of enhancements.
- Interfaces with the Marketing and Information Technology Departments on tasks ranging from developing requirements to implementation.
- Provides graphic and artistic support for web enhancements and new creative initiatives, while protecting the company branding guidelines in all initiatives.
- Provides web design recommendations which at times could involve full life cycle development of microsites from concept to execution.
- Collaborates with content owners in the development and/or execution of all types of web content considering the priorities and objectives of the organization as well as the habits and behaviors of users.
- Manages assigned web sites, assist in testing web pages and applications, and develop metrics to gauge success of enhancements.
- Identifies ways to increase search engine optimization (SEO) and social media optimization (SMO).
- Responds rapidly to continuous changes and real-time updates required to web sites and troubleshoot issues or problems as they arise.
- Communicates the status of projects in a timely manner in a clear and concise way.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
Standard office environment in Manassas, VA.
Strong artistic background and advanced web skills are required, including knowledge of Cascading Style Sheets (CSS), Hyper Text Markup Language (HTML), and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Advanced project management skills including successful experience managing requirements gathering, prioritization, reporting, and implementation of complex and time-sensitive enterprise-wide initiatives.
- Strong conceptual understanding of technical tools, digital marketing, and how back-end technology translates to front-end environment and an optimal end-user experience.
- Strong research skills with the ability to quickly and accurately utilize information to solve technical challenges.
- Experience using a content management system to effectively maintain and create web content.
Advanced copywriting and editing ability preferred.
Strong knowledge of CSS, HTML, and Adobe Creative Suite required.
- Experience writing for the web and optimizing content for SEO required.
- Development of an online portfolio with examples of design and development skills.
Please note that you are required to provide your web portfolio in addition to your application and resume
Manassas, Virginia, United States