Plow and Hearth, LLC Seasonal Recruitment Coordinator in Madison, Virginia
Position Summary: As a Seasonal Recruiting Coordinator, you will be an integral member of the Human Resources team and provide full administrative support with the objective of efficiently and successfully organizing and coordinating our high-volume 4th Quarter Peak Season recruitment activity. You will coordinate recruitment activities to include talent acquisition support, onboarding support, presentations and related activities. This position requires strong written and verbal skills including experience with telephone-based recruitment activities. You will be balancing changing priorities and meeting department deadlines. This position offers a great opportunity for a junior or entry level Human Resource professional to gain hands-on experience participating in high volume recruitment project. We estimate that this seasonal assignment will run from mid-September through late November.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides seasonal recruitment support in a high volume environment
- Assists Human Resource Team by posting jobs and sourcing candidates; screening candidates; scheduling interviews with hiring managers; generating offers; etc.
- Provides support to HR Team in regards to career fairs, on-campus recruitment events, on-site interview days, etc.
- Coordinates interview, testing and orientation schedule between hiring manager and candidate, sends confirmation details
- Processes offer letters, tracks offer acceptances, ensures completion of new hire paperwork and updates the applicant tracking system throughout the candidate on-boarding
- Ensures data accuracy within the HR and Application Tracking system
- Submits the online investigation requests and assists with new employee background checks. Sends Adverse Impact letters to candidates as requested by HR Team
- Assists in supporting the Employee Referral program and program submission tracking
- Assists HR Team with employee orientations
- Verifies I-9 documentation and maintains books current.
- Assists with processing of new hires, employee status changes and terminations.
- Prepares new employee files.
- Makes photocopies, faxes documents and performs other clerical functions.
- Files papers and documents into appropriate employee files.
- Assists or prepares correspondence as needed
- Serves as an ambassador of the company's C.L.E.A.R. Values.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Work Experience
High school diploma or equivalent; prefer Bachelors Degree with human resource related coursework. 1 - 3 years of professional work experience preferably prior recruiting coordinator or administrative experience
_ **Knowledge and Skills_**
- Proficiency in or knowledge of using a variety of computer software applications, especially Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook). Previous experience utilizing Kronos time-keeping system and ADP payroll, preferred.
- Previous experience utilizing job posting boards and LinkedIn as recruitment tools.
- High level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations and documentation.
- Knowledge of office administration procedures.
- Ability to operate most standard office equipment.
- Attention to detail in composing, typing and proofing materials, establishing priorities and meeting deadlines.
- Good to excellent spelling, grammar and written communication skills.
- Excellent telephone and oral communication skills.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Comfort level operating in a customer facing human resource department. This role requires the ability to interact professionally and comfortably with all levels of employees.
- Scheduling flexibility is required. Some nights and weekends will be required. Some travel may be required.
Job Start/End Date: 09-Aug-2017 to 01-Oct-2017 (EST)
Department: Human Resources
Location: Madison, VA, USA
Employment Type: Seasonal
Pay Type: Hourly