Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Process Engineer, mPower Commercial Nuclear Fuel
Job Code :4897
Division :B&W MNE
Location :Lynchburg VA US 24501
% of Travel Required :10-20%
Job Type :Full Time
Career Level :Experienced (Non-Manager)
Education :Bachelor's Degree
Job Description :
Babcock & Wilcox mPower Inc. has an immediate opening for a Process Engineer. This position will be located in the Lynchburg, VA mPower office.
The successful candidate will have interesting and challenging responsibilities in support of B&W mPower fuel fabrication development through definition, development, and implementation of multiple production manufacturing systems used to produce nuclear fuel and related components.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Development of detailed process plan, estimates, and implementation schedule to support first production of mPower fuel and future production volumes on the needed date.
* Work with vendors to develop the needed fuel fabrication capital equipment.
* Produce task-specific work documents for the facility construction and/or refurbishment as needed to accommodate the needed processes and equipment.
* Apply Design-for-Manufacturability principles during the fuel product development process to drive down cost and improve product quality.
* Handle all aspects of the project’s execution.
Job Requirements :
* BS Mechanical Engineering.
* Minimum 10 yrs experience in manufacturing engineering, primarily in the nuclear industry, is desired.
* Minimum 10 yrs experience in the design of automated mechanical and electrical systems for production of commercial nuclear fuel rods, spacer grids, and fuel assemblies.
* Strong background in Weld Engineering.
* Demonstrated leadership ability.
* Excellent verbal and written communications skills including the ability to comprehend and convey detailed technical information.
* MUST BE A U.S. CITIZEN.
* MUST BE ABLE TO OBTAIN AND MAINTAIN A DOE SECURITY “L” CLEARANCE.
* Proficiency in MS Office Suite.
Desired qualifications include:
* Black Belt in Lean Six Sigma.
* Experience leading process improvement teams.
* Management experience in leading process engineering teams, especially within the commercial nuclear industry.