Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Title: Level II - III IVVI (Peak)
Note: This is a pipeline requisition which has been posted for future openings dependent on contract award and future needs. Candidates who apply to this posting may be contacted at a later date and invited to apply when a position becomes available.
LOOKING FOR AN EXCITING OPPORTUNITY?
ENJOY A NEW EXCITING CAREER IN A GROWING INDUSTRY!
AREVA supplies solutions for power generation with less carbon. Its expertise and unwavering insistence on safety, security, transparency and ethics are setting the standard, and its responsible development is anchored in a process of continuous improvement.
Ranked first in the global nuclear power industry, AREVA's unique integrated offering to utilities covers every stage of the fuel cycle, nuclear reactor design and construction, and related services. The group is also expanding in renewable energies - wind, solar, bioenergies, hydrogen and storage - to be one of the top three in this sector worldwide in 2012.
With these two major offers, AREVA's 48,000 employees are helping to supply ever safer, cleaner and more economical energy to the greatest number of people.
AREVA provides its customers with solutions for low-carbon power generation in North America and all over the world. As the leader in nuclear energy and a significant, growing player in the renewable energies sector, AREVA combines U.S. and Canadian leadership, access to worldwide expertise and a proven track record of performance. Sustainable development is a core component of AREVA's strategy. Its more than 5,000 U.S. and Canadian employees work every day to make AREVA a responsible industrial player helping to supply ever cleaner, safer and more economical energy to the greatest number of people. AREVA Inc. is headquartered in Bethesda, MD. Visit us athttp://us.areva.comor follow us atTwitter.
The AREVA Reactors & Services Business Group:
The Reactors and Services Business Group combines the nuclear reactor design and construction activities and the products and services activities necessary for the maintenance, operation, modernization, and improvement of power plants. It also includes vessel propulsion nuclear reactor and research reactor activities. AREVA is currently constructing four EPR™ reactors, of generation III .
AREVA is seeking applicants for Level III IVVI.
Responsibilities and duties include:
* Support BWR Refueling outages within the USA and abroad.
* Refuel Floor Supervisor during Reactor Vessel Disassembly/Reassembly.
* Assist with in vessel maintenance activities.
* Support IVVI examinations at BWR plants.
* Perform other reactor servicing as directed.
* Update and Maintenance of the IVVI Training Program.
* IVVI of Boiling Water Reactor Vessel and Internals components.
* Visual Examination of Pressurized Water Reactor Vessels and Internals as well as other NSSS Components.
* Attendance of BWRVIP Committee meetings.
* Development of new Examination Techniques.
* May lead field projects or crews as well as conduct pre-job briefings.
* May plan activities and read schedules associated with plant outages.
* Prepare or assist in preparation of procedures, problem reports and field schedules.
* Troubleshoot equipment and components.
* Inspecting mechanical equipment and associated structures.
* Ensuring that industrial and radiation safety requirements are followed.
* Analyzing data as a qualified IVVI Level III examiner and determining the proper corrective action.
* Planning work schedules to accomplish required work and, when required, assigning priorities.
* Developing data sheets for IVVI exams to maximize efficiency of examinations.
* Establishing guidelines and standards for examination techniques and assuring they are followed.
* Developing, implementing and maintaining in-service inspection, testing programs at the direction of the program lead
* Supporting and conducting NDE inspections as a qualified Level III examiner.
* Interpreting and explaining inspection results to the customer and in the final report.
* Maintaining documentation to meet customer obligations and ensuring proper examination methodologies are in place and utilized.
All candidates must meet the following minimum requirements in order to be considered for this opportunity. Candidates who exceed minimum qualifications may be considered for a higher level position.
* High School diploma or its equivalent plus 8 years of experience in the field or a related area OR an Associate's degree in an area of specialty and 6 years of experience in the field or a related area. Related experience equates to mechanical, nuclear, utility, etc. AND qualified as an IVVI level technician.
* Able to lift 50 pounds unassisted.
* Willing to travel at least 75% of the time.
* Able to gain unescorted access to a nuclear facility.
* Physically capable of wearing a respirator.
* Mechanically inclined.
* Possess good communication skills.
* Experience with BWR Reactor Disassembly and Reassembly.
* Experience with troubleshooting equipment and components.
* Willing to work under the direction of others and able to read and understand procedures.
* May be required to work night shifts and willing to travel for extended periods of time.
* Willing to comply with AREVA's Fitness for Duty Policy.
* May be required to pass utility and AREVA NP testing (i.e. safety, human performance, confined space, plant access, rad worker etc.).
The following requirements are desired and will be used to differentiate all candidates who apply for this position.
* Experienced BWR Camera Handler.
* Experienced BWR Fuel Handler.
* Demonstrated leadership skills.
* Experience with problem reports.
* Experience in being a shift Lead/ Technical Director.
* Experience working under a nuclear QA program.
Routine/Seasonal (75%) domestic and international travel.
We offer competitive salaries, an excellent benefits package, and flexible work options, as well as a uniquely diverse and unified team of professionals. Our culture supports an environment where employees can continuously learn and gain professional growth through education, exciting projects and career mobility. AREVA recognizes your achievements and excellent performance through various performance incentive, recognition and reward programs. Our commitment is to you, the employee.
Come work in an environment that is driven by integrity, innovation and visionary thinking. Join AREVA today, revolutionize the energy industry and energize your future!