Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Latent Print Technician - Req. # : 10034.2
Share this job as a link in your status update to LinkedIn.
This details all the information about the job posting.
Job Title / Level
Latent Print Technician
Lorton, VA, US 22079
0 - 10%
Associates Degree or Equivalent
Essential Job Duties
* Process a wide range of complex forensic material associates with IEDs using advanced physical and chemical processes and light sources to include laser, alternate light source and reflected ultraviolet imaging system (RUVIS).
* Recognize developed latent prints during each processing method and preserve in manner to ensure that an image can be captured.
* Practice efficient team approaches and techniques to help minimize the processing time of forensic material.
* Prepare detailed notes and reports of examinations and conclusions.
* Maintain proper chain of custody of all forensic material under examination.
* Ad hoc and administrative support as needed to fulfill mission.
* Experience processing forensic material for latent prints.
* Knowledge of forensic disciplines associated scientific theory, principles and practices.
* Experience in operation of forensic laboratories.
* Knowledgeable on criminal justice system rules of evidence and familiar with applicable federal policies and procedures.
* Knowledgeable of MS Office Suite, Project and Visio
* Familiar with systems used in retaining DNA, fingerprint and trace evidence.
Associates degree in Forensic Science, Chemistry or related physical or life science from an accredited university/college, or equivalent experience (2 years work experience equivalent to one year post-secondary education). Preferred 1 year recent experience at a latent print technician.
Must have a Top Secret Clearance or the ability to obtain one. American Systems will sponsor your security clearance!