Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Latent Print Photographer - Req. # : 8903
Share this job as a link in your status update to LinkedIn.
This details all the information about the job posting.
Job Title / Level
Latent Print Photographer
LORTON, VA, US 22199
Associates Degree or Equivalent
AMERICAN SYSTEMS is looking forLatent Print
Photographers! This position is responsible for supporting
the building and operating of a team of forensic photography
specialists in support of a government agency mission. This person
will demonstrate the ability to perform and administer laboratory
operations supporting forensic latent print photography and
photography processing in accordance with established practices and
procedures. Must be effective communicator in both oral and written
products. The individual will be able to apply scientific and
administrative concepts and procedures and streamline those
activities to maximize throughput while maintaining strict high
quality standards. Create, implement, problem solve, change if
necessary, and maintain as appropriate, policies and procedures to
effect optimum efficiency and effectiveness in the photographic
section of the forensic latent print processing. Should have
knowledge of law enforcement and DOD forensic methods and practices
and be capable of working easily with both approaches to forensic
analyses. Requires understanding of analysis techniques for recovery
and analysis of fingerprint, DNA and trace evidence. The contractor
shall provide support to accomplish the duties listed below.
1. Capture high resolution images of latent prints on a wide range
of complex forensic material associated with IEDs developed using
advanced physical and chemical processes and light sources to include
laser, alternate light source and reflected ultraviolet imaging
system (RUVIS) to meet FBI Laboratory image acceptance criteria.
2. Implement efficient team approaches and techniques to help
minimize the imaging time of latent prints developed on forensic
3. Provide training and mentoring to photographers with a wide
variety of education and experience.
4. Recognize developed latent prints and preserve in a manner to
ensure that an image can be captured.
5. Process images using advanced imaging software, prepare
detailed notes of work and preserve images on non rewritable media.
6. Maintain proper chain of custody of all forensic material under
7. Ad hoc and administrative support as needed to fulfill the
* Experience in photographic documentation of evidence.
* Knowledge of forensic disciplines associated scientific
theory, principles and practices. Experience in operation of forensic
* Knowledgeable on criminal justice system rules of evidence
and familiar with applicable federal policies and procedures.
* Knowledgeable of MS Office Suite, Project and Visio
* Familiar with systems used in retaining DNA, fingerprint and
* Familiar with the use of the FBI's Integrated Automated
Fingerprint Identification System (IAFIS) Latent Print Workstation
(LPW) or Universal Latent Workstation (ULW) to enhance and/or upload
Minimum Associate degree from an accredited university/college or
technical school, or H.S. diploma and equivalent work experience.
Preferred 4-6 years of experience I photographic documentation of
evidence with total of 10 years experience.
Top Secret clearance required