Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Windows Administrator - 4
Location: Herndon, VA
# of openings: 1
LGS Innovations, a leader in government telecommunications and network integration, is seeking a Windows Administrator - 3 in our Herndon, Virginia location.
The benefits of working at LGS not only include 4 weeks of vacation and matching 401(k), but the opportunity to become a part of a growing company dedicated to supporting the U.S. Government DoD, Civilian, and Advanced Programs communities. LGS is an independent, wholly-owned subsidiary of Alcatel-Lucent.
Responsible for Windows servers and the operating systems software and its successful integration with the hardware and applications software of the major computing systems across the organization. Responsible for installation and maintenance of the Windows-based CWE operating configurations on all organization Windows servers and desktops and also serve as technical referent on engineering review boards considering all additions to or changes to the operating environment. Install and maintain the Windows-based CWE operating configurations on all organization NT servers and desktops. Troubleshoot problems that may involve applications and the network. Provide technical support to applications and utility developers on requirements for integration into the operating environment. Provide guidance and technical assistance as needed. Maintain and update documentation on the operating systems' configuration. Manage software life cycles. Serve as technical referent on engineering review boards considering all additions to or changes to the operating environment.
· Backup or archival software — Acronis Recovery Expert; Backup and archival software; Systems and data disaster recovery software; VERITAS NetBackup
· Data base management system software — Database management software; Microsoft SQL Server; Quest Central; Sybase Replication Server
· Development environment software — C; Microsoft Visual Basic; Prolog; Restructured extended executor REXX
· Metadata management software — All Fusion Erwin Data Modeler; Data modeling software; IBM Rational Data Architect; Visual Paradigm DB Visual ARCHITECT
· Object or component oriented development software — Microsoft Visual C# .NET; Practical extraction and reporting language Perl; Sun Microsystems Java; Sybase PowerBuilder
Special Knowledge / Certifications:
* Requires a minimum of 6-10 years of relevant experience
* Bachelors degree in a relevant discipline or equivalent combination of education, skills and experience
* Masters degree (MBA, MS-Eng, MS-Info Systems, MS-CompSci or related scientific or technical discipline) (preferred)
Security Clearance Requirements: Active TS/SCI with CI Poly
To apply for this job go to the below link:
LGS Innovations is an Equal Opportunity Employer