Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
System/Network Administrator - 2
Location: Herndon, VA
# of openings: 1
The systems administration encompasses network and server administration. The Systems Administrator’s responsibilities include: implementation of baseline changes and respond to change requests; perform technical evaluations, analysis, and troubleshooting for all supported servers; build servers by providing technical configuration, setup, installation services, hardware and coordination of application projects; and operate and maintain servers.
* Execute tasks in the following areas: change request, trouble ticket, routine operation and maintenance, and server build.
* Change Request
* Implement baseline changes under tech lead oversight.
* Respond to assigned change requests that are submitted by “internal” and “external” customers.
* A attend TEMs to discuss and agree upon MOAs –ensure MOA is within scope of server team’s work.
* Support customer in the development of a dedicated server build report as well as an internal build report.
* Create and/or update the Asset Management record—responsible for integrity of asset management record.
* Ensure build report (procedure) is feasible, clear, and concise.
* Trouble Ticket
* Provide operational pager duty support.
* Perform technical evaluations, analysis, and troubleshooting for all “supported” servers in response to Help Desk Tickets—which includes but not limited the following activities: Server failures, full system outage.
* Operation and Maintenance
* Perform server checklist.
* Maintain server rooms.
* Restore file and data information.
* Perform operating system software updates/upgrades.
* Create request for service support (SRS) from internal/external service providers
* Monitor/support tape backup.
* Coordinate server installation.
* Transition servers.
* Assess server loads and work with tech lead on developing tuning recommendations.
* Request hardware replacements.
* Submit Build Reports for routine deliveries.
* Server Build
* Build servers: Provide technical configuration, setup, installation services, hardware and coordination for application projects.
* Provide remote access to servers.
* Establish server baseline.
* Assist in server maintenance and special projects, during extended work hours
* Communicate outage/degradation of server to management.
* Understand and implement established technical and workflow procedures.
* Requires a minimum of 16 years of relevant experience
* Bachelors degree in a relevant discipline or equivalent combination of education, skills and experience
* Masters degree (MBA, MS-Eng, MS-Info Systems, MS-CompSci or related scientific or technical discipline) (preferred)
* Active U.S. Government Clearance Required: TS/SCI w/poly
* Backup or archival software — Acronis Recovery Expert; Backup and archival software; Systems and data disaster recovery software; VERITAS NetBackup
* Data base management system software — Database management software; Microsoft SQL Server; Quest Central; Sybase Replication Server
* Development environment software — C; Microsoft Visual Basic; Prolog; Restructured extended executor REXX
* Metadata management software — AllFusion ERwin Data Modeler; Data modeling software; IBM Rational Data Architect; Visual Paradigm DB Visual ARCHITECT
* Object or component oriented development software — Microsoft Visual C# .NET; Practical extraction and reporting language Perl; Sun Microsystems Java; Sybase PowerBuilder
To apply: www.lgsinnovations.com/careers
LGS Innovations is an Equal Opportunity Employer