Freddie Mac Cyber Security Sr in Herndon, Virginia
Full Time/Part Time:
The Information Security Senior provides technical support for the Security Incident Response function within the Cyber Security team. This includes activities ranging across incident response, threat analysis, forensic analysis and use of advanced threat detection technologies. Maintains relationships with internal and external customers, and vendors to formulate solutions for Freddie Mac and customer system issues related to Information Security. Clearly understands business unit/department/company goals and demonstrates ability to translate them into specific performance goals. This position reports to the Incident Response Manager.
• Responsible for executing processes within all activities within the security Incident response lifecycle. These activities include: detection, triage, analysis, containment, recovery and reporting.
• Coordinates response, triage and recovery activities for security events affecting the company’s information assets.
•Leads efforts in the improvement and development of process/procedure manuals and documentation for incident response, threat intelligence, advanced persistent threat detection and vulnerability analysis.
• Develop communication channels with technology owners and the business to evangelize the evolving threat landscape.
• Must be able to present to different audiences and adjust accordingly (business, technical and management) either structured presentations or ad-hoc. Must be able to establish and maintain business relationships with individual contributors as well as management.
Work Location Zip Code:
• At least 5 years of Information Security or related technology experience or a combination of work experience and scholastic exposure.
• At least 1 year of Information Security Incident Response experience
• Relevant security knowledge and experience in two or more of the following areas: incident response, malware analysis, threat analysis, network/host intrusion detection, security operations
• Demonstrated experience with using and/or implementing SIEM technology (Splunk, Arcsight, QRadar, etc) and use cases.
• Demonstrated experience in handling cyber incidents and response in similar critical environments (Malware Analysis, Email Threat Analysis, Web Threat Analysis, etc)
• Strong knowledge of enterprise detection technologies and processes (Advanced Threat Detection Tools, IDS/IPS, Network Packet Analysis, Endpoint Protection)
• Advanced knowledge of network protocols and operating systems (Windows, Unix, Linux, Databases)
Work Location City:
Cyber Security Sr
• Experience in the financial services industry
• Experience in the following: Unix Scripting, Programming, SQL, WAF, Reverse Engineering Malware, Vulnerability Analysis/Assessment
• Experience working in a Security Operations Center (SOC) environment
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or Business Management
• Proven ability to lead and influence across and up during business impacting events
• Ability to influence and guide decision making in crisis moments
• CISSP or security-related certification is preferred. Other relevant security certifications will be considered such as CEH, GCIH and GIAC.
Today, Freddie Mac makes home possible for one in four home borrowers and is one of the largest sources of financing for multifamily housing. Join our smart, creative and dedicated team and you’ll do important work for the housing finance system and make a difference in the lives of others. Freddie Mac is an equal opportunity and top diversity employer. EOE, M/F/D/V.
Work Location State:
Information Technology (IT)