U.S. Military Entrance Processing Command Test Coordinator (Office Automation) in Fort Lee, Virginia
Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
About the Position:In a developmental capacity, you will coordinate, administer, and implement all aspects of the Student Testing Program in compliance with established requirements/ objectives. You will be the point of contact for the Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery (ASVAB) Career Exploration Program (CEP) for your assigned Military Entrance Processing Station (MEPS) area of responsibility.
- Positions listed with multiple grades may be filled at any grade level and may or may not have promotion potential.
- Management may select at any of the grade levels announced.
- Noncompetitive promotion potential to target grade. This recruitment provides non-competitive promotion opportunity to the target grade of the position without further competition when selectee is eligible and recommended by management.
Who May Apply:
Only applicants who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected. See Proof of Eligibility for an extensive list of document requirements for all employment authorities.
- Current Civilian Employee with the Department of the Army
- Current Permanent Department of Defense (DOD) - Civilian Employee (non-Army)
- Current Permanent Federal Civilian Employee (non-DOD)
- Former Federal Employee, eligible for reinstatement
- Eligible due to Interagency Career Transition Program (ICTAP)
- Eligible under Veterans' Recruitment Appointment (VRA)
- Eligible under Veterans' Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA)
- Veterans with a service-connected disability of 30% or more
- Eligible for military spouse preference under Executive Order 13473
- Priority Placement Program, Program S (Military Spouse) registrants referred through the Automated Stopper and Referral System (ASARS) for this position
- Eligible for family member appointment under Executive Order 12721
- Eligible for NAF/AAFES Interchange Agreement
- Eligible due to an Interchange Agreement
- Administer and proctor the ASVAB Career Exploration Program (CEP).
- Initiate contacts with schools to meet testing goals set by U.S. Military Entrance Processing Command.
- Coordinate test dates with school officials, test administrators, and all recruiting services.
- Maintain database of school information to generate reports, analyze data, evaluate program effectiveness and identify opportunities for program improvement.
- In support of Education Support Services, responsible for mailing, receiving, scoring, and securing all CEP ASVAB test material.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Occasional Travel
- May be required to travel 15% for business
- Possess valid state drivers' license
- Frequent local travel and occasional temporary duty travel (15%)
- Evening and weekend work as required
- Qualified typist is required (40 wpm)
- Able to lift up to 50 pounds
In order to qualify, you must meet the education and/or experience requirements described below. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is in this document.
Experience required: Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. To qualify based on your experience, your resume must describe at least one year of experience which prepared you to do the work in this job.
- Full performance, GS-07 grade level - Specialized experience is defined as coaching, facilitating, solving work problems and participating in student testing; conducting on-the-job training of new employees IAW established procedures and practices; conducting aptitude and qualifications examinations at the MEPS sites; and/or performing testing clerk duties. This definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the next lower grade/level position in the federal service (GS-06).
- Developmental GS-06 grade level - Specialized experience is defined as conducting aptitude and qualification examinations for applicants of the various Armed Services, maintaining accountability of controlled materials and applicant information; entering data into an automated reporting system; and/or inventorying test materials. This definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the next lower grade/level position in the federal service (GS-05).
You will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency (knowledge, skills, abilities) in the following areas:
- Knowledge of Student Testing Program Administration
- Skill in Meeting Testing Goals
- Ability to Extract Data for Preparation of Reports
- Time in Grade Requirement: Applicants who have held a General Schedule (GS) position within the last 52 weeks must have 52 weeks of Federal service at the next lower grade (or equivalent).
Some federal jobs allow you to substitute your education for the required experience in order to qualify. For this job, you must meet the qualification requirement using experience alone--no substitution of education for experience is permitted.
Other Requirements: Click here for expanded definitions.
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959 must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- Two year trial/probationary period may be required.
- Direct Deposit of Pay is Required.
- Personnel security investigation required. Position is non-sensitive and requires a personnel security investigation on a post-appointment basis only.
- Career Program (CP) 51 - General Administration and Support
What To Expect Next
If you provided an email address, you will receive an email message acknowledging receipt of your application. Your application package will be used to determine your eligibility, qualifications, and quality ranking for this position. If you are determined to be ineligible or not qualified, your application will receive no further consideration.
The documents you submit must support your responses to the online questionnaire. If your application contradicts or does not support your questionnaire responses, you will receive a rating of "not qualified" or "incomplete application" and you will not receive further consideration for this job.
The Department of Defense offers an excellent benefits program.In addition to your take-home pay, your comprehensive compensation/benefits package will include most of the benefits described in the USAJOBS Resource Center.
- Selection is subject to restrictions resulting from Department of Defense referral system for displaced employees.
- Salary includes applicable locality pay or Local Market Supplement.
- Payment of Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government interest. If selected, you must pay your own way to the new job. If, upon reporting to work, you are found ineligible for the job for any reason, you must pay your own expenses to return to your home. No relocation expenses will be paid by the Government.
- Defense National Relocation Program will not be authorized. Participation in this program is not authorized. No relocation expenses will be paid by the Government.
- Multiple selections may be made from this vacancy announcement.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/472246400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.
Salary Range: $37,607.00 to $54,332.00 / Per Year
Series & Grade: GS-0303-06/07
Promotion Potential: 07
Supervisory Status: No
Who May Apply: See Who May Apply
Control Number: 472246400
Job Announcement Number: NCBF170617631974774