Army Installation Management Command Recreation Assistant (Facilities Operator) NF-02 in Fort Lee, Virginia
The Area of Consideration for this vacancy announcement is Fort Lee, VA. (Military Spouse Preference (MSP) and Involuntarily Separated Military Preference (ISMP) Preference eligible candidates are included in the area of consideration.) - Fill in the blank with Area of Consideration identified by management and included in the AOC Assessment.
This position is located at the Fort Lee Bowling Center.
Learn more about this agency
The duties of the Recreation Assistant include but not limited to the following:
Opens and/or closes facilities by locking/unlocking doors and windows, and assuring security system is operable.
Collects applicable fees for items issued, accounts for monies collected safeguards funds and makes daily bank deposits.
Arranges furniture and equipment for various events; puts up and takes down special event decorations. May assist in conducting event.
Operates equipment and performs self-help maintenance on facilities and equipment.
Monitors inventories and number and condition of items on hand.
Inspects equipment when turned in and collects pre-set fees for damages.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…
US Citizens and Non-Citizens
Questions? This job is open to 1 group.
- #### Job family (Series)
0189 Recreation Aid And Assistant
Conditions of Employment
- Direct Deposit and Social Security Card is required
- Meet qualification/eligibility/background requirements for this position
- Satisfactorily complete an employment verification (E-Verify) check
Conditions of Employment:
- If selected, a completed and signed copy of our job application form (DA Form 3433) is required prior to entrance on duty. (Click hereto view form).
- Satisfactory completion of pre-employment background checks in accordance with AR 215-3, 2-13,i to include a National Agency Check (NAC) is required.
- Demonstrated ability to performs the duties.
- Must have and retain a valid drivers license.
- Additional selections may be made from this vacancy announcement for up to 90 days after the closing date.
- Payment Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government interest.
- Please check out our Applicant Information Kit to view additional information you may find useful when applying for our jobs.
- Applications are valid for 90 days after submission date. Applicants will be referred to selecting officials as additional vacancies occur.
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Applicants can claim the following eligibilities:
- NAF Eligibility - Business Based Action
- NAF Eligibility - Current Appropriated Funds Employee CNE (APF)
- NAF Eligibility - Current/Former NAF Employee (CNE/FNE)
- NAF Eligibility - Involuntarily Separated From the Military
- NAF Eligibility - Military Spouse Preference (MSP)
- NAF Eligibility - Outside Applicant Non Veteran (OANV)
- NAF Eligibility - Outside Applicant Veteran (OAV)
- NAF Eligibility - Spouse/Widow/Parent of Veteran (OAV)
Background checks and security clearance
- Required Documents
The following documents must be submitted with your application:
Optional: Our Job Application (DA Form 3433) will accepted in place of a Resume
The below items are accepted and may be needed to support a qualification and/or a claimed priority/preference:
- Cover Letter
- Upload marriage certificate and orders if claiming MSP, upload transition assistance card and DD 214 if claiming ISMP, upload DA 3434 if claiming CNE/FNE, upload DD 214 if claiming OAV
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding.
- Benefits for federal employees
- Healthcare insurance
- Pay and leave
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
- How to Apply
How to Apply
You may submit your application package using one of the two methods identified below:
- Electronically (preferred) at https://www.usajobs.gov/ and search for Vacancy Identification Number (VIN)
- Manually: A manual application can be obtained by contacting the servicing NAF Human Resources Office listed on this vacancy announcement.
- If you would like to apply manually, please contact the servicing NAF Human Resources (HRO) listed on this job announcement to request a copy of the manual application form.
- All completed manual application forms (along with resume and other supporting documentation) must be received no later than 3:00 pm on the closing date of this announcement in order to process your application in a timely manner.
Neglecting to respond to the job related questions will result in an ineligible rating.
Agency contact information
AQ-NAF-W6CPAA US ARMY GARRISON FT LEE DO NOT MAIL Fort Lee, VA US
Learn more about this agency
Your resume will be reviewed to verify that qualification requirements have been met. We appreciate your interest in this position!
- Fair & Transparent
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
- Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) office at OPM
- Office of Equal Opportunity
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Learn more about disability employment and reasonable accommodations or how to contact an agency.
Legal and regulatory guidance
- Financial suitability
- Social security number request
- Privacy Act
- Signature and false statements
- Selective Service
- New employee probationary period
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/472430300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.
Open & closing dates: 06/27/2017 to 09/27/2017
Salary: $9.36 to $9.36 per hour
Pay scale & grade: NF 2
Work schedule: Intermittent
Appointment type: Intermittent