U.S. Army Medical Command Physician (Family Practice) in Fort Lee, Virginia
Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
About the Position:Medical malpractice liability insurance is not required for federal civilian healthcare providers as they are covered by the Federal Tort Claims Act (28 U.S.C. § 1346(b)) while acting within the scope of their employment.
Management prefers Boards Certified or Board Eligible physician in a primary care specialty.
A recruitment or relocation incentive may be authorized.
Tour of duty will be Monday - Friday with varied shifts. May be required to work early morning, evening, weekend and holiday shifts take phone call after hours, or on weekends, or holidays.
Applications will be reviewed and referred for selection as vacancies occur within the organization.
Duty Location: This position is located at US Army Medical Command KAHC, Family Practice Adult Clinic, Fort Lee, VA.
Position may also be located at US Army Medical Command KAHC, Family Practice Active Duty Clinic, Ft. Lee Virginia.
On occasion, employee may be required to work at primary care clinics at KAHC.
Fort Lee is located three-miles east of Petersburg, Virginia; 116-miles from Washington D.C.; and is 21-miles from Richmond, the Virginia state capitol. Richmond is a flourishing cultural community enhanced by first-class museums and universities, its own symphony, professional ballet and opera, and numerous theater companies and art galleries. The region offers easy access to the ocean, mountains, and D.C. Residents enjoy trendy boutiques and restaurants, numerous sports and entertainment attractions, historic landmarks, and one of the nation's largest river park systems. The city is consistently rated among the Best Places to Live in America.
Who May Apply: U.S. Citizens
As a Physician (Family Practice), you will:
- Assess, diagnose and treat in the areas of general internal medicine, gynecology, pediatrics, outpatient surgery, clinical orthopedic, dermatology, psychiatry and preventive medicine.
- Provide direct outpatient care to patients with general medical problems, complaints and symptoms.
- Must obtain complete medical history and perform complete examinations for all patients presenting for care.
- Participate in continuing medical education programs and in Quality Assurance activities at this Clinic and at other institutions, to remain current in medical knowledge and practice.
- Occasional Travel
- Up to 5% Business Travel required.
- This is a Direct Hire Solicitation.
Basic Requirement for Physician (Family Practice):
Degree: Doctor of Medicine or Doctor of Osteopathy from a school in the United States or Canada approved by a recognized accrediting body in the year of the applicants graduation. [A Doctor of Medicine or equivalent degree from a foreign medical school that provided education and medical knowledge substantially equivalent to accredited schools in the United States may be demonstrated by permanent certification by the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG) (or a fifth pathway certificate for Americans who completed premedical education in the United States and graduate education in a foreign country).
Graduate Training: Subsequent to obtaining a Doctor of Medicine or Doctor of Osteopathy degree, a candidate must have had at least 1 year of supervised experience providing direct service in a clinical setting, i.e., a 1-year internship or the first year of a residency program in an institution accredited for such training.
Licensure/Certification: Candidates must have a permanent, full, and unrestricted license to practice medicine in a State, District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, or a territory of the United States.
Experience Required: Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. To qualify based on your work experience, your resume must describe at least 4 years of residency training in the specialty of the position to be filled or equivalent experience and training in the specialty of Family Practice. This required Family Practice experience/training will include skills such as, but not limited to, a wide range of medical duties specializing in all aspects of patient care for patients of all ages, such as advanced examination, diagnosis and treatment to ensure effectiveness of treatment.
Other Requirements: Click here for more information.
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959 must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- Direct Deposit of pay is required.
- Two year in a trial/probationary period may be required.
- Personnel Security Investigation required.
- This position is subject to annual seasonal influenza vaccinations. Applicants tentatively selected for appointment to this position will be required to sign a statement (Condition of Employment) consenting to seasonal influenza vaccinations or must provide a recognized exemption.
- This position is a Testing Designated Position (TDP) subject to applicant testing and random drug testing. Tentatively selected applicants will be required to sign DA Form 5019 requiring participation in random drug urinalysis testing. A job offer to an applicant who is a not a current employee will be withdrawn if the applicant refuses to be tested. Applicants with verified positive test results shall be refused employment. Applications from such individuals shall not be considered for employment for a period of 6 months from the date of the test results.
- A pre-placement medical examination is required.
- Employee will be required to wear and use personal protective equipment as required and provided by the employer.
- Immunization screening is required. Hepatitis B immunization is required for all positions with direct patient contact. Applicants may be required to show proof of other immunizations depending on the type of position.
- All Health Care Providers must be able to obtain and maintain current Basic Life Support (BLS) Training and certification that is sponsored or endorsed by the American Heart Association (AHA). Current Advanced Life Support or other advanced certification does not supersede BLS completion.
- Applicants must be able to fulfill credentialing requirements and obtain and maintain appropriate/relevant clinical privileges.
What To Expect Next
If you provided an email address, you will receive an email message acknowledging receipt of your application. Your application package will be used to determine your eligibility, qualifications, and quality ranking for this position.
If you are determined to be ineligible or not qualified, your application will receive no further consideration.
The documents you submit must support your responses to the online questionnaire. If your application contradicts or does not support your questionnaire responses, you will receive a rating of "not qualified" or "incomplete application" and you will not receive further consideration for this job.
The Department of Defense offers an excellent benefits program.In addition to your take-home pay, your comprehensive compensation/benefits package will include most of the benefits described in the USAJOBS Resource Center.
- Selection is subject to restrictions resulting from Department of Defense referral system for displaced employees.
- Multiple positions may be filled from this announcement.
- Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid work experience.
- This is a Career Program (CP) 53 position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/472318500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.
Salary Range: $101,967.00 to $225,000.00 / Per Year
Series & Grade: GP-0602-14/14
Supervisory Status: No
Who May Apply: United States Citizens
Control Number: 472318500
Job Announcement Number: NCMD0464671975387HM