U.S. Army Medical Command Contact Representative (OA) in Fort Eustis, Virginia
Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
About the Position:The U.S. Army Medical Command (MEDCOM) is a direct reporting unit of the U.S. Army that provides command and control of the Army's fixed-facility medical, dental, and veterinary treatment facilities, providing preventive care, medical research and development and training institutions. The Family Health Clinic provides Primary Health Care Management Services for enrolled beneficiaries. Major services include Adult and Pediatric Primary Care, Specialty Services and Ambulatory Surgical Center for the 6,771 Active Duty Soldiers, 12,219 dependents, and 22,601 military retirees and their Family members. Located at Fort Eustis, VA, the McDonald Army Health Center partners with USAF Hospital Langley, Naval Medical Center Portsmouth, and the Veterans Administration Hospital, Hampton, VA, providing care for beneficiaries who reside on the Peninsula. Fort Eustis, Virginia is located in Newport News, between historic Williamsburg and Virginia Beach. Transportation includes convenient interstate and major highways connecting the city to neighboring Hampton, York County, Gloucester, Norfolk, Portsmouth, Suffolk, and Smithfield. The Tidewater area has all the conveniences of a big city with the charm of small town and rural areas.
This position is part of Career Program 53.
Who May Apply:Only applicants who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected. See Proof of Eligibility for an extensive list of document requirements for all employment authorities.
- Current Civilian Employee with the Department of the Army
- Eligible due to Interagency Career Transition Program (ICTAP)
- Eligible under Veterans' Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA)
- Priority Placement Program, Program S (Military Spouse) registrants referred through the Automated Stopper and Referral System (ASARS) for this position
- Facilitate access to care using military and civilian providers.
- Review and screen provider consultations.
- Provide guidance and training to providers on entering and updating consultation information.
- Provide referral assistance to beneficiaries.
- Provide office automation support.
- Occasional Travel
- Business travel may be up to 5%
- Must successfully complete pre-employment physical.
In order to qualify, you must meet the education and/or experience requirements described below. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is in this document.
Experience required: Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
To qualify based on your experience, your resume must describe at least one year of experience which prepared you to do the work in this job. Specialized experience is defined as: work that involves use of medical terminology, and utilizing office software and equipment to reconcile/maintain databases in the healthcare system. This definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the next lower grade/level position in the federal service (GS-05).
Proficiency Required:This position requires a qualified typist. A qualified typist can type 40 words per minute based on a 5 minute sample with three or fewer errors.
You will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency (knowledge, skills, abilities) in the following areas:
- Knowledge of healthcare delivery systems.
- Skill in administrative processes.
- Competency in communication.
Time in Grade Requirement: Applicants who have held a General Schedule (GS) position within the last 52 weeks must have 52 weeks of Federal service at the next lower grade (or equivalent).
Some federal jobs allow you to substitute your education for the required experience in order to qualify. For this job, you must meet the qualification requirement using experience alone--no substitution of education for experience is permitted.
Other Requirements: Click here for expanded definitions.
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959 must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- Two year trial/probationary period may be required.
- Direct Deposit of Pay is Required.
- Must successfully complete a pre-employment physical.
What To Expect Next
If you provided an email address, you will receive an email message acknowledging receipt of your application. Your application package will be used to determine your eligibility, qualifications, and quality ranking for this position. If you are determined to be ineligible or not qualified, your application will receive no further consideration.
The documents you submit must support your responses to the online questionnaire. If your application contradicts or does not support your questionnaire responses, you will receive a rating of "not qualified" or "incomplete application" and you will not receive further consideration for this job.
The Department of Defense offers an excellent benefits program.In addition to your take-home pay, your comprehensive compensation/benefits package will include most of the benefits described in the USAJOBS Resource Center.
- Selection is subject to restrictions resulting from Department of Defense referral system for displaced employees.
- If you have retired from federal service and you are interested in employment as a reemployed annuitant, see the information in the Reemployed Annuitantinformation sheet.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/472149400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.
Salary Range: $36,611.00 to $52,893.00 / Per Year
Series & Grade: GS-0962-06/06
Promotion Potential: 7
Supervisory Status: No
Who May Apply: Status Candidates, VEOA, Military Spouses, ICTAP
Control Number: 472149400
Job Announcement Number: SCER170917941973981