Defense Contract Audit Agency Supervisory Auditor in Falls Church, Virginia
About the Agency
Are you looking for a leadership opportunity in a progressive organization dedicated to continuous improvement? DCAA is ranked in the top third of the "Best Places to Work in the Federal Government." Join the elite cadre of audit managers who have made DCAA their employer of choice. You will be providing a unique service to your country and making a difference in the lives of Americans everywhere!
Reemployed annuitant: This vacancy does not meet the criteria for appointment of annuitants.
- Serves as the Supervisory Auditor in a Region Field Audit Office (FAO) Branch, responsible for the supervision, conduct, and accomplishment of a segment of the audit program. Leads a major segment of the total audit program plan.
- Serves as a team leader and member of a participative work team (PWT) consisting of professional auditors. Establishes annual goals complementary to region/agency goals and objectives.
- Reviews audit programs, working papers, progress on the audit assignment, and draft audit reports. Ensures that quantitative methods and computerized auditing techniques are being utilized as appropriate in the audit process.
- Communicates DCAA audit services and maintains audit liaison with acquisition officials.
- Counsels and advises employees. Evaluates performance, recommends and approves training and development, recommends recognition and promotion, and initiates appropriate remedial action for performance or conduct deficiencies.
- 25% or Greater
- Some travel is required.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…
Current permanent Defense Contract Audit Agency (DCAA) employees only.
Questions? This job is open to 2 groups.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen as verified through E-Verify Program
All qualification and time-in-grade (if applicable) requirements must be met within 30 days of the closing date of this announcement.
You must meet the minimum qualification requirements as stated in the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) Operating Manual, Qualification Standards for General Schedule Positions, http://www.opm.gov/qualifications/Standards/group-stds/gs-prof.asp.
Basic Requirements: Degree: accounting or a related field (such as business administration, finance, or public administration) that included or was supplemented by 24 semester hours (or 36 quarter hours) in accounting (may include up to 6 hours of business law). OR Combination of education and experience: 4 years of accounting experience or a combination of accounting experience, college-level education, and training that provided professional accounting knowledge AND 24 semester hours (or 36 quarter hours) in accounting/auditing courses or a certificate as Certified Public Accountant or a Certified Internal Auditor.
Specialized Experience: In addition to meeting the basic requirements, you must have one year of specialized experience at the GS-12 or equivalent level. Specialized experience is defined as:
- Serving as lead or senior auditor on an audit team AND
- Independently performing a variety of difficult complex audit assignments AND
- Identifying and preparing comprehensive risk assessments AND
- Developing/modifying audit programs and plans, aligning audit steps with risk assessment AND
- Meeting with auditee to explain audit purpose, obtain necessary information and discuss audit findings AND
- Detailed testing and examining accounting systems and records, cost representations, internal controls, management policies and practices, to assure compliance with accounting and auditing principles, standards and regulations AND
- Preparing audit work papers, which are organized/indexed/referenced, and adequate substantiating documents AND
- Making initial audit determinations which identify deficiencies or noncompliance AND
- Preparing reports of audit findings, conclusions and recommendations Substitution of Education for Specialized Experience: There is no substitution of education for experience at this grade level.
Volunteer Experience: Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional, philanthropic, religious, spiritual, community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills, and can provide valuable training and experience that translates to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
Performance Appraisal: If you are a current Federal employee, you must be rated fully successful or higher on your current performance rating to be eligible for promotion. You may be asked to provide a copy of your performance appraisal during the evaluation and selection process.
Background Investigation: All selectees will be subject to a personnel security investigation which must be favorably adjudicated for occupancy of a sensitive position and/or access to classified information. If you are selected for a critical/special sensitive position, you will be subject to a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI). For a critical sensitive position, you must be able to obtain and maintain security clearance eligibility at the Top Secret level. For a special sensitive position, you must be able to obtain and maintain security clearance eligibility at the Top Secret/Sensitive Compartmented Information (TS/SCI) level AND you will be subject to a random counterintelligence scope polygraph.
Drug Testing: If you are given access to classified information, you will be subject to random drug testing. If you are selected for a critical/special sensitive position, you will be placed in a drug testing designated position. You must pass a drug test before your assignment to such a position and you will be subject to random drug testing subsequent to your assignment.
What To Expect Next
Once your application is received, you will receive an acknowledgement email. When your application has been reviewed, you will receive an email advising whether you were determined to be the best qualified and referred to the hiring manager. Qualified candidates eligible for non-competitive reassignment, repromotion, change to lower grade, transfer or reinstatement will also be referred. You may be contacted for an interview. You will be notified when the selection process is complete.
Review our benefits
DCAA has a comprehensive benefits package that includes retirement, social security and thrift savings; health, life and long term care insurance; paid vacation, sick leave and holidays. DCAA employees enjoy our business-casual dress code, flexible work schedules, transit subsidies, and the opportunity to telecommute.
Financial Management (FM) Certification Program: As a condition of employment, the selectee must meet the requirements of the DoD FM Certification Program. The FM Certification Program is a course-based program consisting of three certification levels. Level 2 certification must normally be completed within two years of the selectee's employment start date.
Selective Service: Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered or exempt from Selective Service (see www.sss.gov).
Initial Probationary Period: You will be required to serve an initial probationary period of 2 years if one has not already been completed. You will be required to serve a supervisory/managerial probationary period of 1 year unless one has previously been completed.
Mobility Agreement: All DCAA auditors must sign a mobility agreement. This agreement may require you to be reassigned every five to seven years.
If you are unable to apply online, view the following link for information regarding Alternate Application.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/474593000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.
Open & closing dates: 2017-07-17 to 2017-08-16
Salary: $94,796 to $123,234 / per year
Pay scale & grade: GS 13
Series: 0511 Auditing
Appointment type: Permanent
Work schedule: Full-Time
Job announcement number: DCAA-17-EA-10021316
Control number: 474593000