Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Title: Software Engineer 3 "Java"
Other Locations: null
Where WAR files lead to peace … Java developers wanted! Northrop Grumman – Information Systems is looking for a Software Engineer who likes to work in a fast-paced environment and wants to make a difference. You’ll see the fruits of your labor realized as real mission users employ your system and make new requests in an agile environment. You’ll be part of a highly-responsive team who builds the highest quality software products for our national security customer. Northrop Grumman Information Systems sector is seeking a Software Engineer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in the Northern, VA area.
Roles and Responsibilities:
As a member of the development team, you will perform the following:
* Apply best software engineering principles and Agile engineering methodologies to research, design, develop, and modify application software.
* Ensure the logical and systematic conversion of customer and system requirements into total system solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints and strategic direction.
* Conduct unit, integration, system, and production level test on all software and procedures.
* Prepare documentation to include design documents.
* Collaborate with team members.
* Communicate openly with the engineering, requirements and test team members
* Take direction from Northrop Grumman Program Manager and team lead and keep them informed of all task status and out-of-normal situations.
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
* BS in Computer Science or related field
* Have 5 years of experience in software engineering and 3 years with Agile systems.
* UNIX and Windows commands.
* Position requires a current TS/SCI with Polygraph Clearance.
* Spring MVC and/or SEAM with JSF; Hibernate; JPA;
* Have experience with Subversion.
* Have experience with configuration management.
* Have experience with the Selenium automated testing tool.
* Have experience in requirements analysis and documentation.
Northrop Grumman Corporation is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products, and solutions in aerospace, electronics, information systems and technical services to government and commercial customers worldwide.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Organization: Information Systems