LGS Innovations Summer Intern - Axios in Dulles, Virginia
Axios, a wholly owned subsidiary of LGS Innovations, is seeking a * Summer Intern – Axios for our Dulles, VA office location.*
In this position you will: Interns will work closely with each other and with seasoned engineers on projects that expose them to leading edge software development and telecommunications technology. Interns will be hired to work on software development, signal processing, and a combination of both.
Axios, a wholly owned subsidiary of LGS Innovations, is dedicated to protecting America from harm by supporting the missions of the Department of Defense and its Intelligence Community partners. With a highly educated and experienced team, Axios designs, develops, delivers, and operates leading-edge processing solutions and products in the fields of communications, digital signal processing, software, network engineering, system engineering, and system integration. Axios puts a strong emphasis on innovation, agility, honesty, trustworthiness, and teamwork, and offers mission-focused technological innovation to address critical needs in the areas of RF communications, mission operations, frameworks and open processing architectures, software defined radio, and tactical programs.
Headquartered in Dulles, Virginia, Axios provides mission-focused support across several U.S. and overseas locations. We provide our employees with competitive compensation packages and a full range of benefits, including vacation, medical, dental, life insurance, a 401(k) plan, tuition assistance, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), and paid parental leave.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Perform work under close mentor guidance including but not limited to:
- Software development using modern technologies
- Optimization and simulation
- Advanced visualization techniques
- Data analysis
- User interfaces
- Advanced communications techniques
- Software defined radio (Redhawk, GNURadio, X-Midas)
- Gain knowledge regarding Linux-based SW development, communications protocol programming, design patterns, embedded SW development, cellular technology (GSM, CDMA, UMTS, LTE)
- Travel to other LGS Locations or Customer Sites as necessary
- Understand and adhere to all LGS Ethical and Compliance policies
- Proactively ensure a safe work environment and adhere to LGS EH&S; policies and procedures
- Perform other duties as required
- If required, obtain/retain a government security clearance at the level required to perform the duties of the position
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Systems Engineering, Mathematics, or Physics. Must be currently enrolled in a full-time accredited Bachelor’s or graduate program.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, flexibility and ability to work in a team environment
- Demonstrated effective teamwork skills
- Minimum program commitment of 8 weeks
- Knowledge of Microsoft software applications and other software applications as required
For a listing of all LGS Innovations and Axios open positions, please visit our website at http://www.lgsinnovations.com/careers.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
www.dhs.gov/E-Verify E-Verify® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security. This business uses E-Verify in its hiring practices to achieve a lawful workforce.
Location: Dulles, VA
# of openings: 1
JOB TITLE: Summer Intern - Axios
Location: Dulles, VA
Travel Requirements: Travel to other Axios Locations or Customer Sites as necessary