LGS Innovations Software Systems Developer in Dulles, Virginia
Axios, a wholly owned subsidiary of LGS Innovations, is seeking a * Software Systems Developer for our Axios Dulles, VA office location.*
In this position you will: Under direct supervision research, design and develop new software applications. Work with a broad range of technologies on a multi-disciplinary design team.
Axios, a wholly owned subsidiary of LGS Innovations, is dedicated to protecting America from harm by supporting the missions of the Department of Defense and its Intelligence Community partners. With a highly educated and experienced team, Axios designs, develops, delivers, and operates leading-edge processing solutions and products in the fields of communications, digital signal processing, software, network engineering, system engineering, and system integration. Axios puts a strong emphasis on innovation, agility, honesty, trustworthiness, and teamwork, and offers mission-focused technological innovation to address critical needs in the areas of RF communications, mission operations, frameworks and open processing architectures, software defined radio, and tactical programs.
Headquartered in Dulles, Virginia, Axios provides mission-focused support across several U.S. and overseas locations. We provide our employees with competitive compensation packages and a full range of benefits, including vacation, medical, dental, life insurance, a 401(k) plan, tuition assistance, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), and paid parental leave.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Integrate software applications into a variety of existing customer platforms using open source tools and technologies
- Apply and perform systems analysis, modeling and simulation of processing systems and demonstrate systems via simulated and/or real data input
- Perform functional analysis, performance analysis and synthesis of protocol implementations (including physical transmission convergence and higher layer) for Radio and Core Access Technologies
- Conceptualize, define, design and prototype systems engineering solutions
- Travel to other LGS Locations or Customer Sites as necessary
- Understand and adhere to all LGS Ethical and Compliance policies
- Proactively ensure a safe work environment and adhere to LGS EH&S; policies and procedures
- Perform other duties as required
- If required, obtain/retain a government security clearance at the level required to perform the duties of the position
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering and 0-2 years of experience or an equivalent combination of skills, education and experience.
- Knowledge of Object-Oriented (OO) Design and Analysis
- Knowledge of common software, platforms, systems to include:
- Bash/shell scripting, MongoDB, REST
- Experience with Linux
- Ability to leverage open source programs, rapid integration methods, web interfaces and services implementation, XML implementation methods
- Object oriented architecture, programming and programming methods required
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft software applications and other software applications as required
For a listing of all LGS Innovations and Axios open positions, please visit our website at http://www.lgsinnovations.com/careers.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
www.dhs.gov/E-Verify E-Verify® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security. This business uses E-Verify in its hiring practices to achieve a lawful workforce.
Location: Dulles, VA
# of openings: 1
JOB TITLE: Software Systems Developer
Location: Dulles, VA
Travel Requirements: Travel to other Axios Locations or Customer Sites as necessary