BAE Systems Senior Network Administrator in Dulles, Virginia
Connect the people who matter to the data they need the most. At BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, our cutting edge teams are providing customers with the latest technologies in cloud, cyber, software development and virtualization to enhance intelligence collaboration and make the world a safer place. We're ready for any challenge - are you game? Join us and learn what Inspired Work is all about.
The Network Administrator (Senior) will administer and supportdata centerand private cloud networking that scales to global locations. This position supports the design and deployment of a complex transcontinental private network running over several external network providers, and integrating with multiple legacy networks. The Network Administrator (Senior) is responsible for ensuring the network is properly configured, performs day-to-day operations monitoring and integration efforts with customer networks. This system is highly available, with multiple paths, fail over routes, and classes of communications, ranging from VDI to legacy voice.
Specific Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Implement, document, and test networking components and VLANs to support data, voice, video and unified communications that scales to several sites worldwide.
· Provide troubleshooting escalation support to operations team
· Configure and support voice gateways and session border controllers
· Integrate multiple voice and video technologies and troubleshoot and isolate issues
Perform on-site diagnostics and network integration with legacy network providers
Minimum Education And Experience
Bachelor's Degree and 5 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills And Education
Bachelor Degree or equivalent and 5 years of excellent technical experience to include, but not limited to the following;
· Experience withnetwork services and architecture ( BGP, OSPF, DHCP, DNS, TCP/IP, LAN, WAN, WLAN, VPN, VLAN, VRF, etc ).
· Experience managingand maintaining network infrastructure, routers, switches, etc. (Cisco, Force10).
· Strong knowledge of WindowsServer 2012R2 and Linux ( Redhat, CentOS )
· Experience with VoIP (Skypefor Business, Cisco Call Manager)
· Experience withVirtualization technologies (Hyper-V, Vmware ESXi, KVM)
· Experience inheterogeneous computing environments
· Ability to implementand manage VoIP solutions
· Strong written andverbal communications skills
· Excellentinterpersonal skills
· In-depth knowledge ofMPLS, Frame Relay, OC-192 and above, SONET
· Solid understanding ofEIGRP, OSPF, and BGP
· Extensive knowledge ofSpanning Tree, VLAN's, VTP, Trunking protocols
· Proficient attroubleshooting L2/L3 issues
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Senior Network Administrator