LGS Innovations RF Communications and Digital Signal Processing Engineer I in Dulles, Virginia
Axios, a wholly owned subsidiary of LGS Innovations, is seeking a * RF Communications and Digital Signal Processing Engineer I for our Axios Dulles, VA office location.*
In this position you will: Under direct supervision provide Radio Frequency (RF) Communications and Digital Signal Processing support to work team. Work with a broad range of technologies on a multi-disciplinary design team.
Axios, a wholly owned subsidiary of LGS Innovations, is dedicated to protecting America from harm by supporting the missions of the Department of Defense and its Intelligence Community partners. With a highly educated and experienced team, Axios designs, develops, delivers, and operates leading-edge processing solutions and products in the fields of communications, digital signal processing, software, network engineering, system engineering, and system integration. Axios puts a strong emphasis on innovation, agility, honesty, trustworthiness, and teamwork, and offers mission-focused technological innovation to address critical needs in the areas of RF communications, mission operations, frameworks and open processing architectures, software defined radio, and tactical programs.
Headquartered in Dulles, Virginia, Axios provides mission-focused support across several U.S. and overseas locations. We provide our employees with competitive compensation packages and a full range of benefits, including vacation, medical, dental, life insurance, a 401(k) plan, tuition assistance, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), and paid parental leave.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Develop software to perform detection, demodulation and processing of RF communications systems
- Research new signal processing techniques and modern RF communications standards as published in the literature and implement them in a software defined radio environment
- Travel to other LGS Locations or Customer Sites as necessary
- Understand and adhere to all LGS Ethical and Compliance policies
- Proactively ensure a safe work environment and adhere to LGS EH&S; policies and procedure
- Perform other duties as required
- If required, obtain/retain a government security clearance at the level to perform the job
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or a related discipline and 0-2 years of related experience or equivalent combination of education, skills, and experience
- Knowledge of RF Communications and Digital Signal Processing
- Experience with detection, demodulation and processing of modern RF communications systems
- Knowledge of Software Defined Radio (SDR) frameworks and standards such as Software Communications Architecture (SCA), GNU Radio, REDHAWK and X-Midas
- Experience programming in a Linux environment using at least one of the following: C/C++, Java, or Python
- Good verbal and writing skills with attention to detail and ability to create technical documentation and plans
- The ability to rapidly prototype systems is desired
For a listing of all LGS Innovations and Axios open positions, please visit our website at http://www.lgsinnovations.com/careers.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
www.dhs.gov/E-Verify E-Verify® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security. This business uses E-Verify in its hiring practices to achieve a lawful workforce.
Location: Dulles, VA
# of openings: 1
JOB TITLE: RF Communications and Digital Signal Processing Engineer I
Location: Dulles, VA
Travel Requirements: Travel to other Axios Locations or Customer Sites as necessary