Northrop Grumman SANS Systems Administrator 4 in Chester, Virginia
SANS Systems Administrator 4
Requisition ID: 17014186
Location(s): United States-Virginia-Chester
US Citizenship Required for this Position: Yes
Relocation Assistance: No relocation assistance available
Are you motivated to work in an environment that will challenge you, force you to continuously innovate, and work on solutions that make a difference for our customers? Do you want to be part of an inclusive, collaborative, and agile team? If so, there is a future for you to support a highly visible and strategic program at Northrop Grumman.
Northrop Grumman Technology Services sector is seeking a Storage Administrator 4 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals in supporting the VITA program in the Richmond, Virginia metro area.
Successful candidate will
Demonstrate ability to manage SAN and NAS environments end to end
Prioritize and resolve Storage related incident tickets within defined SLA’s
Identify systemic issues and develop a plan to remediate
Maintain system documentation
Monitor system performance
Install system wide software
Work with project management to execute new projects
Maintain smooth operation of multi-user computer systems
Monitor and track service and change requests to ensure high quality customer service
Ensure Storage environment meets Commonwealth standards
Take on problem escalations and collaborate with team members
Demonstrate ability to analyze technical challenges and make solution recommendations
Passionate about supporting & ownership of all areas of infrastructure systems
Demonstrable examples of the ability to work independently with little supervision
The successful candidate will spend 8-12 weeks cross training on a Monday-Friday schedule. Following successful completion of cross training, the position will move to a permanent Thursday-Sunday 4x10, on-site beginning at 7:00 a.m. schedule.
- BA/BS (or equivalent experience) with 10 years of directly related work experience; or an additional 14 years of experience can be substituted in lieu of the degree
- Minimum of six years of SAN/NAS administration
- Experience with troubleshooting a Windows Server operating system
- Experience with basic troubleshooting a Linux or UNIX server
- Proven leadership skills in a complex customer-driven environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated and directed with the ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks
- Must be a team player with excellent problem solving, communication, and organizational skills
- Candidates are required to participate in on call duty rotation
- Candidates must be willing and able to work the 4x10 Thursday-Sunday schedule.
- One or more industry recognized IT certifications
- One or more EMC certifications
- Understanding of ITIL practices in service delivery
- Working knowledge of disaster recovery concepts and techniques
- Working knowledge of other vendor storage technologies (i.e., IBM, NetApp)
- Working knowledge of HP and Dell Server Enclosures using Virtual Connects (VC)
- Working knowledge of SAN migration technologies (i.e., Open Replicator, SANCopy, SRDF/a)
- Working knowledge of scripting (i.e., BASH, Powershell)
- Working knowledge of various server operating systems (i.e., Linux and UNIX)
- Working knowledge of firewalls, routers, switches technologies
If applicable, must be able to pass fingerprint background check, and obtain and maintain security access for supported Commonwealth Agencies.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Title: SANS Systems Administrator 4
Requisition ID: 17014186