Vencore Hardware Engineer in Chantilly, Virginia
Vencore is a proven provider of information solutions, engineering and analytics for the U.S. Government. With more than 40 years of experience working in the defense, civilian and intelligence communities, Vencore designs, develops and delivers high impact, mission-critical services and solutions to overcome its customers most complex problems.
Headquartered in Chantilly, Virginia, Vencore employs 3,800 engineers, analysts, IT specialists and other professionals who strive to be the best at everything they do.
Vencore is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Evaluates reliability of materials, properties and techniques used in production; plans, designs and develops electronic parts, components, integrated circuitry, mechanical systems, equipment and packaging, optical systems and/or DSP systems. Under general direction, designs and develops equipment, processes and systems that involve data networks, communications, and display. Analyzes equipment specifications and process requirements to conceive a practical design. Determines feasibility from technical and economic perspectives. Coordinates and consults with research engineers or scientists and customer representatives to resolve design problems. Develops and maintains technical procedures, documentation and manuals. Compiles and analyzes operational data and directs tests to establish standard for new designs or modifications to existing equipment, systems, or processes. May supervise the work of technicians and technologists who provide technical support.
The following knowledge, skills, and abilities are required for successful performance of the activities associated with this position:
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or 4 years equivalent experience/combined education, with minimum of 4 years or more of professional experience.
• Demonstrated ability to determine work requirements and perform work without supervision
• Demonstrated capability to lead a team ranging from entry through senior level SE and/or SME to accomplish a technical function being supported
• Active TS/SCI clearance with poly required
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Proficient in use of Microsoft Office Tool Suite
• Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
• Demonstrated ability to multi-task and work independently; self-starter
• TS/SCI with Poly required
• Minimum 4 years’ experience working in the customer’s domain
Job ID 2017-48075
# of Openings Remaining 1
Category Information Technology
Residency Status U.S. Citizenship Required
Clearance Top Secret/SCI w/Poly
Employee Type Regular
Time Type Full Time