Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Field Service Engineer (Job Number:320539)
SAIC is seeking experienced Field Service Engineers for an exciting program.
If selected as Field Service Engineer, you will leverage your direct experience supporting tactical communications programs and design. Additional duties will include:
- Management of LAN and SATCOM systems;
• Utilization of your background and understanding of current installation procedures (CIP) and field training of personnel;
• Utilization of your knowledge of operations, maintenance and management of communications security systems in cryptographic equipment and accounts;
• Manage accountable property;
• Resolve most field/base infrastructure issues;
• Independently perform specialized equipment installation, modifications, and upgrades;
• Test, identify and resolve most Tier 1 and Tier 2 equipment and system problems.
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Bachelor's degree in Business Administration (or related field) and 8+ years related experience.
Additional experience includes:
• Understanding of a Communications Center
• Familiarity with ICom, Motorola or Harris communications equipment and its use
• Direct experience with systems and coordination preparation
• Knowledge of operations, maintenance and management of communications security systems in cryptographic equipment and accounts
• Ability to give details to both technical and non-technical audiences
• Ability to adhere to security and safety standards, CI, and applicable communications policies and procedures
• Knowledge of procurement processes
• Willingness to perform extended TDYs (6-9 months) in dangerous environments;
- Working knowledge of policies and regulations related to the completion of work;
• Ability to excel in a team environment.
Clearance: TS/SCI with polygraph
SAIC is a FORTUNE 500® scientific, engineering, and technology applications company that uses its deep domain knowledge to solve problems of vital importance to the nation and the world, in national security, energy & environment, health and cybersecurity. The company's approximately 41,000 employees serve customers in the U.S. Department of Defense, the intelligence community, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, other U.S. Government civil agencies and selected commercial markets. Headquartered in McLean, Va., SAIC had annual revenues of approximately $10.6 billion for its fiscal year ended January 31, 2012. For more information, visit www.saic.com. SAIC: From Science to Solutions®
Job Posting:Apr 24, 2013, 3:34:15 PM
Primary Location:United States-VA-CHANTILLY
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:None
Potential for Teleworking:No
Travel:Yes, 50% of the time