Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Product ManagerProduct Management & User Experience | Arlington, VA, United States
About the Job
As a Product Manager at Opower, you will drive the development of new products and features designed to motivate and educate consumers to reduce their home energy use. We have an exciting and aggressive product roadmap that will enhance the impact of our energy efficiency programs and improve the customer experience. Our product managers take the lead in driving this agenda from ideation to launch, which means we're looking to hire someone who combines passion and experience in consumer/commercial product development with a strong ability to work closely with software development teams. This is an ideal job for a software product manager with 3-5 years of experience who wants to be part of a rapidly growing startup, feel total ownership over their work, and work hard at achieving a dramatic success in a vibrant market.
* Own the vision and roadmap for specific products, determine key initiatives to drive the product forward.
* Understand market needs and user pain points, craft product solutions to address them, phase solutions to deliver incremental business value.
* Document requirements for new product enhancements, consult with UX design, marketing, sales, engineering, and other product managers from concept to release.
* Work closely with engineering to bring new product concepts to life, follow through all phases of development, including post-release.
* Define and measure product success, benchmark against the competition and client expectations, iterate on vision based on data.About You
* Clear track record of leadership throughout your career.
* Experience having delivered excellent software products, ideally consumer-facing applications.
* Experience with Agile product management a major plus.
* Fantastic analytical skills, ability to solve problems quickly, establish frameworks, ability to think on your feet and generalize solutions.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills, tailored for each of a wide variety of audiences.
* Minimum education: Engineering or Computer Science Bachelor's degree required, top-tier university strongly preferred, MBA nice-to-have.
* Minimum experience: 3-5 years experience in a software product management role.